IU/Iowa pre-game discussion thread

Oddshark has IU a 5.5 POINT Favorite for tonight's HOME GAME with Iowa !! I felt like the Michigan ROAD GAME coming right after the tough hard felt LOSS TO DUKE was going to be a trap game [and I was right ] IU came out listless and never really got into the game except for Juwan Morgan !! Tonight , I am feeling much better about our Indiana Hoosiers !! I think we will see a nice turn around WIN !! Go " Archie and the Gang !!  Sorry to see Curtis Jones is going to transfer at the end of the first semester !! However , this does open up another scholarship for next season !! I would love to see Archie taake the [censured ] REDSHIRT  From Race Thompson and see if he can add some spark to the post play THIS SEASON ??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think it’s a must-win.  I don’t like our chances of beating UL on the road or ND at a neutral site, so a loss here most likely means 5 straight losses.  Then we get IPFW at home, which could honestly extend the losing streak to 6.  And our next 2 conference games are @Wisconsin and @Minnesota.  Have to think that a 5-6 game losing streak and an 0-4 start in conference play would pretty much destroy the team’s confidence, and shut the door on any slight hope we still have of making noise in the B1G or making the tournament.  We have to win this game.

Perfectly fair, but I see it differently. I do think the team is improving, fairly steadily, even with the step back against UM. Time will tell on that, but it's what I see right now.

No question to me this is a game we "should" win. But while it's always possible we could go on a long losing streak, that's conjecture. And BTW, Wiscy is looking awfully bad, and losing, right now. UL is beatable. the neutral game with ND is winnable. 

If this is a tourney team, which is questionable, it does have to get it going soon. This game would be a step in that direction, but don't think it's necessary.

If you are that worried over IU-PU Fort wayne , man you are edgy ,vbg !! Ft. Wayne is 6 & 3 with wins over powerhouse schools Defiance of Ohio . Delaware State ,UIC  , IU Kokomo ,Detroit Mercy , and SIUE  !! Their THREE LOSSES have come to East Tennessee State by 10 POINTS  ,Kaintucky's cheaters by 19 points adn { back in a Minute ] 

1 minute ago, slojoe said:

This a must win because this is one of the few teams in B10 that we can beat at home at this time.  We're just not very good right now.  Hopefully things will pick-up.

It's almost a must win if you think this team has any shot of having tournament hopes.

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I don't care if it is the middle of the night.  Just glad to hear from you, my friend.  I have been thinking of you a lot, recently.  Again, great to hear from you. And hoping you and yours are doing well. 

That sounds like a CTC tweet that was supposed to be a private message. :coffee:

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I don't care if it is the middle of the night.  Just glad to hear from you, my friend.  I have been thinking of you a lot, recently.  Again, great to hear from you. And hoping you and yours are doing well. 

Mr. Mile,  thank you and very kind.  I have been reading along with you all, but am in the midst of moving to a new role at work...we need to catch up soon. 

15 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Mr. Mile,  thank you and very kind.  I have been reading along with you all, but am in the midst of moving to a new role at work...we need to catch up soon. 

Upward or lateral ?  I don't know.  I am just pleased to know the Holman family is treating you well.  You, and they are both a great part of Indiana history.  And knock off the "Mr." stuff.... I am just mile around here.   LOL.

11 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Ah...I tried to be subtle but you caught me. :cheers:

So many great members, nay, friends like you and Fundamentals I have had the pleasure of meeting  or conversing with,through the years.  And yes... we do like to have fun here.  Thanks for being a part of the gang. 

Count me in we have to get this one. As others indicated. Road vs Louisville, ND...kids need a win. Plus looking at the landscape of Big10 there is going to be a ton of teams at 10-8, 9-9, 8-10 range. These are the home games you have to win if you want to be at .500 or better in conference. As I type that though I find myself saying. With this group. It really is one game at a time. Shouldn't focus on long yet.

2 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

No he is not I don't see him on the roster.

Can't tell if this is a joke or not, but Settles is a B1G Network host. He used to kill us with his sharpshooting skills once upon a time though. Also, I think (hope) the team bounces back and takes a step forward by winning this one. 74-69 is my best guess. 

Archived