Kyran Montgomery

KDB

• 3 weeks later...

We have 6 top 1000 guys out of our 7 commits, and the one that isn't is a punter from the best kicking academy in the world.  It is going to be a really small class, so I really don't know what the issue is.  We also have a commitment from the highest rated DE in the state.

21 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

We have 6 top 1000 guys out of our 7 commits, and the one that isn't is a punter from the best kicking academy in the world.  It is going to be a really small class, so I really don't know what the issue is.  We also have a commitment from the highest rated DE in the state.

I’m guessing folks were maybe expecting a bigger uptick in recruiting after last season? Not necessarily to the same extent as Minnesota’s recruiting class but thinking that last years results would’ve paid bigger dividends at least so far. At least that’s my view as an outsider so take it with a grain of salt haha. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m guessing folks were maybe expecting a bigger uptick in recruiting after last season? Not necessarily to the same extent as Minnesota’s recruiting class but thinking that last years results would’ve paid bigger dividends at least so far. At least that’s my view as an outsider so take it with a grain of salt haha. 

A huge grain of salt!  Haha.  I think we have had that.  All of our recruits are top 1000.  I could see wanting to have more commits by now, but the quality is as good as it has ever been.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

A huge grain of salt!  Haha.  I think we have had that.  All of our recruits are top 1000.  I could see wanting to have more commits by now, but the quality is as good as it has ever been.

My problem is losing in state recruits to a program like Minnesota which I don't understand.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My problem is losing in state recruits to a program like Minnesota which I don't understand.

Yeah, if you’re referring to Austin Booker that’s disappointing because I had heard we had a shot there.  

The nice thing about football recruiting is there’s always the next recruit.  

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't mind losing recruits to Minnesota.  Fleck is like the fake version of Allen. He's all smoke and a major d-bag.  It's like losing recruits to PSU.  If you buy into what those coaches are selling, good riddance.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't mind losing recruits to Minnesota.  Fleck is like the fake version of Allen. He's all smoke and a major d-bag.  It's like losing recruits to PSU.  If you buy into what those coaches are selling, good riddance.

I don’t know much about him but I’ve heard some interviews. That guy can talk! I see why kids would be drawn to him. 

I’ll admit I’m biased by him mentioning Steve Prefontaine in interviews, but I don’t think this is the first time I’ve heard of him being fake. 

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yeah, if you’re referring to Austin Booker that’s disappointing because I had heard we had a shot there.  

The nice thing about football recruiting is there’s always the next recruit.  

I saw that Booker's dad and the Minnesota DL coach played on the same team in college.

Archived