Jordyn Williams commits

WR committing today.  Looks to be between us and Louisville.  A Louisville recruiting analyst changed his prediction from Louisville to Indiana a little bit ago.  2 other recruiting people today guess he'll pick IU.  When these last minute predictions are bunched like that, they are usually pretty accurate.  Let's hope it is IU!

Rivals - scroll down for predictions

HUDL

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Pretty impressive list of schools who were after him. I don't know his speed numbers but putting up those numbers in Georgia means he's got something. Seems like another really nice addition. 

From watching his highlights and some of the videos he's put on Twitter, he seems to have really quick feet and he looks like a really good route runner.

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

From watching his highlights and some of the videos he's put on Twitter, he seems to have really quick feet and he looks like a really good route runner.

Awesome to hear. We have some great speed pieces in future classes but always to good to have good route runners and hands. Kind of the point of being a WR, right? Haha

By the way, we have done really well prioritizing Georgia.   It’s not just Florida.  Some places are so obsessed with Florida, but let’s not forget Georgia is a big state and loaded too.  Maybe not as much as Florida since South Florida is a difference maker as it produces the best high school talent in the country, but Georgia holds its own.  We are smart to prioritize it.  

25 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

By the way, we have done really well prioritizing Georgia.   It’s not just Florida.  Some places are so obsessed with Florida, but let’s not forget Georgia is a big state and loaded too.  Maybe not as much as Florida since South Florida is a difference maker as it produces the best high school talent in the country, but Georgia holds its own.  We are smart to prioritize it.  

There was a day a few weeks ago that we offered 4 or 5 guys from the same school in Georgia.

Williams is the #63 recruit in Georgia. Overall, he is 80 spots ahead of Steinfeldt who is the #13 player in Indiana.

Williams is 200 spots overall behind Larry Smith, but Smith is only the 82nd ranked Florida player.

Georgia is definitely a state that has a lot of talent. Like you said, not like Florida, but they put the midwest to shame.

Williams will be transferring high schools to play in Texas next year.  His offensive coordinator will be Deion Sanders, and Sanders' son Shedeur is the starting QB. He's a highly ranked QB who tweeted to Williams yesterday. I wonder if we'll try to start recruiting Sanders, but he's got some major schools after him.

Mostly, it will just be interesting to see how Williams plays next year moving to Texas and playing with a top tier QB.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Williams will be transferring high schools to play in Texas next year.  His offensive coordinator will be Deion Sanders, and Sanders' son Shedeur is the starting QB. He's a highly ranked QB who tweeted to Williams yesterday. I wonder if we'll try to start recruiting Sanders, but he's got some major schools after him.

Mostly, it will just be interesting to see how Williams plays next year moving to Texas and playing with a top tier QB.

That worries me that he will honor his commitment to IU and look at bigger schools.

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That worries me that he will honor his commitment to IU and look at bigger schools.

Could happen but I think we'll just have to get used to some of these things after we elevate our program/recruiting targets,etc...I know Deion is the OC but I'd like to think Williams will be able to pick up some great techniques/tactics when going against opposing cornerbacks given Deion is probably one of the greatest if not greatest shutdown corners of all time. 

I know opinions can vary on Deion but never hurts our program when your recruits are tagging him and working with him. Elevates the image. 

47 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Looks like a great get. When is the next signing period? Always nervous about football recruits until there is ink on paper.

December 16-18 is the early signing period. I feel like Allen has done a really good job of keeping guys committed. It seems like we've flipped a lot more guys than we've had flipped since he's been here.

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

December 16-18 is the early signing period. I feel like Allen has done a really good job of keeping guys committed. It seems like we've flipped a lot more guys than we've had flipped since he's been here.

You are right.

I’ve been following IU football for decades and have developed a football related paranoia disease. Allen has done a good job keeping guys committed. In last years class, as an example, I was skeptical/nervous about Rashawn Williams staying committed  (a Michigan kid with UM, MSU, and OSU offers) but he did indeed sign.

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

You are right.

I’ve been following IU football for decades and have developed a football related paranoia disease. Allen has done a good job keeping guys committed. In last years class, as an example, I was skeptical/nervous about Rashawn Williams staying committed  (a Michigan kid with UM, MSU, and OSU offers) but he did indeed sign.

He and David Ellis are the offensive X factors. 

Defensively I would go with James Head development and Beau Robbins effect. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

He and David Ellis are the offensive X factors. 

Defensively I would go with James Head development and Beau Robbins effect. 

Hopefully Head and Robbins are ready to impact the defense this year. It’s no secret that we have one of the best defensive backfields IU has had but that will be somewhat offset if the DL continues (like last year, and many years) to be very inconsistent in applying pressure.  We can’t give QB’s enough time to eat a snack before having to pass.

Archived