Comic relief

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I would never say anything in front of my wife.....but sleeping in the hospital chair for 2 nights after having our baby girl....this is how I felt lol!

You sissy! The obvious thing to do is tell her she should have hurried up, 2 nights is crazy. Tell her you missed a poker game with buddies, or Golf. 

If she's a GREAT wife she'll laugh (and exact revenge in 8 yrs, they never forget), if a good wife you will limp for a couple days, anything other... Yep, you will look like the above pic. lol :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

You sissy! The obvious thing to do is tell her she should have hurried up, 2 nights is crazy. Tell her you missed a poker game with buddies, or Golf. 

If she's a GREAT wife she'll laugh (and exact revenge in 8 yrs, they never forget), if a good wife you will limp for a couple days, anything other... Yep, you will look like the above pic. lol :)

Well she had a c-section so she was in quite a bit of pain lol. Then this old nurse would come in and press on her stomach every few hours to push all the blood and help the uterus shrink down….I felt awful for her. That said she was pretty drugged up so she don’t remember much…I probably could have left and stayed at the hotel down the road and she wouldn’t known the difference. Anyways I think she appreciates I suffered a little so it’s all good! Just wish the nurses didn’t wake you up every couple hours to check on you lol.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well she had a c-section so she was in quite a bit of pain lol. Then this old nurse would come in and press on her stomach every few hours to push all the blood and help the uterus shrink down….I felt awful for her. That said she was pretty drugged up so she don’t remember much…I probably could have left and stayed at the hotel down the road and she wouldn’t known the difference. Anyways I think she appreciates I suffered a little so it’s all good! Just wish the nurses didn’t wake you up every couple hours to check on you lol.

You're a good hubby man, I was pokin crap. I've got 5 kids, 7 (8 in 2 weeks) grand kids. But I just about bet, you can make a joke about your hospital chair story in a few years. Tell all the boys about the toll if took on you having the kid.. lol. At least I hope you can have that kind of relationship. They are the best! :) 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

You're a good hubby man, I was pokin crap. I've got 5 kids, 7 (8 in 2 weeks) grand kids. But I just about bet, you can make a joke about your hospital chair story in a few years. Tell all the boys about the toll if took on you having the kid.. lol. At least I hope you can have that kind of relationship. They are the best! :) 

For sure. We been trying for 4 years to have our little girl. Be our only one…so I wouldn’t have missed a moment for the world. I just wish my wife could have experienced more of it because it was just amazing. You are truely blessed my friend! I’m enjoying every bit of fatherhood…well almost lol. It’s all good! 👍 She is 2 1/2 now…I think I should be able to joke about it now don’t you think 🤔 

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2