Comic relief

34 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Those were our fancy bowls when I was growing up!

My wife goes nuclear when I save containers. She throws them all out. She acts like I was raised in a barn but I'm sorry if I don't care if my leftovers are in a butter container or $10 tupperware. Not sure why she cares because she won't eat leftovers anyways. She is more freaked out that someone may look in our fridge and think about us. Guess we all weren't raised the same lol. I thought everyone did this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

My wife goes nuclear when I save containers. She throws them all out. She acts like I was raised in a barn but I'm sorry if I don't care if my leftovers are in a butter container or $10 tupperware. Not sure why she cares because she won't eat leftovers anyways. She is more freaked out that someone may look in our fridge and think about us. Guess we all weren't raised the same lol. I thought everyone did this.

What would she think of my collection of coffee cans?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

What would she think of my collection of coffee cans?

Rico....most days I think she can barely stomach living with me....I think she is under the impression that I was raised by hillbillies as she doesn't have the highest opinion of those of us born in the Hoosier state. The very little I know of you (and love and appreciate about you) I don't think she is going to find it nearly as charming as you think lol. Not sure where she got it from (ok I do...her mom lol) but you would think growing up in Southern Illinois she wouldn't confuse herself with Martha Stewart lol.

Also I think she would be confused....pretty sure she believes coffee is only sold via a k cup lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Rico....most days I think she can barely stomach living with me....I think she is under the impression that I was raised by hillbillies as she doesn't have the highest opinion of those of us born in the Hoosier state. The very little I know of you (and love and appreciate about you) I don't think she is going to find it nearly as charming as you think lol. Not sure where she got it from (ok I do...her mom lol) but you would think growing up in Southern Illinois she wouldn't confuse herself with Martha Stewart lol.

One of these days you will get her trained!  LOL  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

One of these days you will get her trained!  LOL  

It's actually quite alright lol. I love her to death. I can put up with drying my hands with a monogramed hand towel amongst many thousands of other things that I may not "appreciate" as she puts it because truth be told she has the most kind and wonderful heart of any woman I know (including my mother). I reap way way more benefits having her as my wife and mother of my daughter than I can ever list. But OMG there are days....I just shake my head and walk away...it so isn't worth it lol!! A little "culturing" isn't such a bad thing lol.

Edited by dgambill

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Also I think she would be confused....pretty sure she believes coffee is only sold via a k cup lol.

Wait wait wait…..she’s from Southern Illinois and thinks of Indiana as being hillbilly? 

Pardon me one moment…..

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zjr3kbj7yle9pk3frl

As someone who has spent long periods of time in the southern parts of both states, I’d welcome her to show me this hidden enclave of sophistication in southern Illinois….because I sure as hell haven’t been there. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wait wait wait…..she’s from Southern Illinois and thinks of Indiana as being hillbilly? 

Pardon me one moment…..

As someone who has spent long periods of time in the southern parts of both states, I’d welcome her to show me this hidden enclave of sophistication in southern Illinois….because I sure as hell haven’t been there. 

I've been to where she grew up (Marion)....met her friends. It's a fine town but hardly the bastion of sophistication lol. I think one could argue there might be evidence perhaps all of this so called "class" lied soley in one single house on one single street lol....just so happening to be her childhood home lol.

No it's exactly like Southern Indiana...but how she turned into what she has...must have been one too many Saturday's spent watching PBS or whatever channel shows Martha, Julia Childs, and Barefoot Contessa and these home decor/improvement shows. Again...I'm not judging...I live a very good life!

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, Zlinedavid said:

Pardon me one moment…..

I have cousins that live in southern Illinois and have travelled the state since 1980 moving from Indiana to Iowa.  I have always said, Illinois is three states, Chicago, central Illinois is just like Iowa and southern Illinois is basically Kentucky.  The only good thing about Illinois, is they now have legalized weed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BDB said:

I have cousins that live in southern Illinois and have travelled the state since 1980 moving from Indiana to Iowa.  I have always said, Illinois is three states, Chicago, central Illinois is just like Iowa and southern Illinois is basically Kentucky.  The only good thing about Illinois, is they now have legalized weed.  

I’d argue the counties bordering the Wabash River are more akin to Indiana vs Kentucky (having lived in all 3), but yes, the “state of Chicago” is how it’s seen throughout the rest of the state. 

Some would say that there’s Chicago and then the rest of Illinois as a whole, but I can see the differentiation. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I finally found the dinosaur but no wonder it's a quarter of the size of......her belt buckle 

This is true....and to be fair when your scrolling down...you don't even bother to get to the bottom of the picture lol. To be fair her friend is no slouch either!

• Like 2