Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
IUFLA

Declare Your Fandom

I think I know most people on this site's favorite baseball team, but figured it would be a good maiden topic to kick off the General Baseball Forum...

Chicago Cubs since 1963...

I would be a Reds fan. I am not an MLB fan though.  

Although their post season is very good. I also like the Red Sox, as my AL team. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would be a Reds fan. I am not an MLB fan though.  

Although their post season is very good. I also like the Red Sox, as my AL team. 

You'd have been torn in 1975...

• Like 1

Cincinnati Reds since the early 70's.  

Honestly, I probably live and die Reds more than I do IU.

The Cardinals suck.

I absolutely love the college game. 

I've been to IU, UL, UI, UM, OSU to watch games. Would have been at RU and NW to watch games as well until the virus and then wherever IU would have been in the regional at.  

IU is like Butler in basketball or maybe 2 years behind them. Close to there. 

When I was young. Maybe seven years old. My father took me to a White Sox game at the Old Comiskey park.  Chico Carresquel, Louis Aparicio,  and my favorite...Nelson (Nellie Fox)... and others that followed. So I became a White Sox fan.  However, whenever we went to a game after that.... he always took me to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.  Back in the day when you could walk up to a window and get a ticket that day.  We always sat a couple rows back of the third base dugout.  So, I had two teams I followed.

Then... when the Colorado Rockies came to Denver,  we had season tickets for years. Went to the first Rox game at the old Mile High Stadium. They put extra seats in for the first game. Well over 80K fans showed up. Eric Young drove one out of the park in the first inning. I shed a tear.

Good friend.  Greg Feasel. Who was the largest player the old USFL, and later played in the NFL.... became a part of the Rockies at inception. Great guy who would always seek the mile family out at Coors field.... is now the Rox chief operating officer.

So.... I pull for three teams. 

Cubs since late 70's. Born there...raised there for awhile before getting further out of city but this video always reminds me of my first time at Wrigley.

• Like 1