IU Baseball 2021

btownqb

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Are we still in zero attendance world for baseball? Is this Big 10 or Monroe County? Headed down to Tennessee for a week in May for a little off the grid time and when we come back wanted to try and sneak in an IU baseball game either vs Nebraska (5/21 or 5/22) or Ohio St (5/23).

And if it does change by then.. we will be there. We should meet up. 

• Like 1

@slojoe you're exactly right.. Colopy has flat out been very good the last month or so. He is someone that hadn't played an actual game of baseball for 2 years because he was a transfer last year and sat out, and I don't think he played summer ball anywhere, could be wrong on that though. He was drafted out of HS, went to UC for a semester, then transferred to IU. 

Hopkins was very good this weekend at the plate, but MINN pitching is atrocious. I'm not sure who will stick in the DH role, Van Pelt hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either. We are one power guy away from being a very good lineup, I think. 

The pitching was just ungodly good this weekend. We gave up 5 earned runs in 27 innings, so that's under a 2.00ERA. MINN offense isn't nearly as bad as their pitching, either. Massive weekend this weekend with Iowa (4th place) coming to town. They are 41st in RPI (we are 124). 17 games to go. They are all must wins. 

Iowa's Friday and Saturday starters have very good ERAs. They are 3rd and 4th in the B1G in ERA (Bierman is 1st, Brown is 2nd, and Sommer is 12th). Iowa's bullpen isn't quite as impressive, but they do have 3 or 4 good arms, but I don't think they have the depth as us in the pen. Their ace has thrown 42IP in 8 starts, so he just barely averages 5IP per start, same with the #2 guy. Hopefully that continues this weekend. 

One underrated part of this weekend was Modungo going 4.2IP and giving up essentially nothing in his first start of the year. 

45 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Just looked at a tournament projection from D1baseball.com. They currently have us as one of the last five in. The Big Ten royally screwed us by not allowing non-conference games. 

Big facts. I tweet at Kevin Warren and the B1G all the time. 

• Like 1