2021 recruiting class

btownqb

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

We'll be lucky if he goes to college

I don't necessarily disagree with you but with the massive cloud hanging over the minors right now,  along with a ton of talent that stayed another year in college...I think there will be a trickle down to college baseball for a couple of years. 

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you but with the massive cloud hanging over the minors right now,  along with a ton of talent that stayed another year in college...I think there will be a trickle down to college baseball for a couple of years. 

He's top 5 rounds good. I guess he's thrown 95mph this summer already.  

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's top 5 rounds good. I guess he's thrown 95mph this summer already.  

If he has any kind of command,  that is legitimate stuff.  Have you had a chance to watch him?  Is it a straight 95 or does he have some movement?

I interned with the Richmond Roosters in college,  and we worked out Garrett Berger.  He was from the Indy area, Carmel maybe?  2nd rd pick by the Marlins and had a big time fastball.  But it was flat, max effort, and hurt his arm.

We had a hitter stand in while he threw for the tryout, and he wasn't willing to stand in after a few pitches because Berger was all over the place. 

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

If he has any kind of command,  that is legitimate stuff.  Have you had a chance to watch him?  Is it a straight 95 or does he have some movement?

I interned with the Richmond Roosters in college,  and we worked out Garrett Berger.  He was from the Indy area, Carmel maybe?  2nd rd pick by the Marlins and had a big time fastball.  But it was flat, max effort, and hurt his arm.

We had a hitter stand in while he threw for the tryout, and he wasn't willing to stand in after a few pitches because Berger was all over the place. 

I haven't seen Luke in person. I watched his state championship game, and he dominated a legit Andrean team with at least 3 D1 players on it. 

And I'm not sure about his fastball, but I think his slider is nasty too. 

Edited by btownqb

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

I haven't seen Luke in person. I watched his state championship game, and he dominated a legit Andrean team with at least 3 D1 players on it. 

Thanks for the info, really appreciate your contribution to the site.  Especially the baseball board.

If he has a solid slider to go with that fastball that is big time.  I always thought Aroldis Chapman was unhittable when his slider was working.   It was almost a better pitch thab his fastball. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, btownqb said:

He’s really good. His mechanics are little more violent than I personally like but some guys are able to get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

We lose a ton of INF guys this next year: Ashley, Houston, Macciocchi, Southern, Hopkins, Trinkle, Fucci. 

I think next year.. TE/CM are the 2nd and SS, Kip Fougerousse at 3B/1B. Thats an incredibly talented start. 

Those three along with EV, MC, TW. Thats 6 top 300 kids in our 8 starters in the field, Joe Reid at catcher is top 400. 

• 3 weeks later...

Woah big moves here...

Ben Hess 6'5 RHP from IL is now ranked the #1 recruit in IL in his grade and 90th overall in the country. He threw 94mph this summer. 

This goes along with Colson Montgomery ranked #27 overall in the country and Luke Hayden ranked 51st in the country and TJ White from SC the 265th ranked player in the country. (which seems very low).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, btownqb said:

This sounds very promising.

Cool interview of a great kid.  Seems very promising for IU baseball.  I would have went as far as betting 1/2 the farm he wouldn't make it to campus. Not the whole farm just half. lol

• Like 2

Just now, JW75 said:

Cool interview of a great kid.  Seems very promising for IU baseball.  I would have went as far as betting 1/2 the farm he wouldn't make it to campus. Not the whole farm just half. lol

Glad you agree it sounds pretty promising for IU.