Curtis Jones leaving at Semester..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want all our recruits to do well, but for whatever reason, after the promise shown in the Kansas game last year, Curtis never really showed the promise I thought he would.  It has been equally apparent that he wasn't really clicking with the new program, even though he put in extra time during the summer and I had high hopes for a jump from him. Unfortunately, it appears his confidence just isn't there. Here's hoping he finds it at his next stop.

Good luck to CuJo. Seemed like a good enough kid. Like others have mentioned, I, too, was excited about his potential. For whatever reason, Miller’s ways and methods don’t seem to be clicking with him. Here’a hoping he can land in a program where he can continue his development.

13 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

So with this unexpected open scholarship, do we look to add two more kids this recruiting cycle, or do you that CAM will hold it?

Will be a tough call. Obviously one is for Romeo. Now we have an available ride for either Grad Transfer or Bank it. We'll already have as many what 6-7 new faces next year?

I'd like to even out the classes a little but if we can get a 5 star out of the blue like Noah was or a very good grad transfer (prefer someone who can shoot). Otherwise save it for 19. 

Will be interesting to see where he lands.  Not sure he’s a high major player.  One dimensional “shooter” with a busted shot, and can’t dribble, pass, or play defense.  Strange that he has been so consistently bad after making such a big splash against Kansas in his very first college game.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Will be interesting to see where he lands.  Not sure he’s a high major player.  One dimensional “shooter” with a busted shot, and can’t dribble, pass, or play defense.  Strange that he has been so consistently bad after making such a big splash against Kansas in his very first college game.

And Standford Robinson says hello.

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I could see him going closer to home like VCU

I concede any prior argument about belonging at IU. If they leave then it's clear they do not  I still think he has potential to play at the high-major level.

I'll be curious to see if CuJo opens it up to the best option or waits to see if Crean lands somewhere, if those become in the same to him.

Best wishes to him.

1 minute ago, jblaz13 said:

I concede any prior argument about belonging at IU. If they leave then it's clear they do not  I still think he has potential to play at the high-major level.

I'll be curious to see if CuJo opens it up to the best option or waits to see if Crean lands somewhere, if those become in the same to him.

Best wishes to him.

With him leaving at the semester he will pick someone to go next semester so that would exclude anything Crean would do.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe someone can look up the rules but if he transfers mid-season does that mean he'll be eligible 2nd semester next year? My point is he's wasting 1/2 a year of hoops by doing it now, right?

Yes but you have to sit out a year no matter when you leave.  He will have 2.5 years of playing where ever he ends up.  It is not like he will give up any eligibility by transferring now.

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Also kind of interesting that he was one of the players that went to Romeo’s game the other day.  

To me this is just an example of kid loving his friends/teammates but realizing more playing time is what he wants and he can get that elsewhere.  Wish him well! Remember Kris Wilkes hung out in Bloomington knowing full well he was headed elsewhere.

Archived