Curtis Jones leaving at Semester..

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

HTD encrypted a secret message within his text that has everything to do with the thread.  

Focus only on the letters highlighted in Bold Green.

In another post ( I could not locate it )  a poster said that if IU lost tonight they would have a 6 game losing streak after the game with Fort Wayne !! LMAO ! Ft. Wayne is 6 & 3 this season with wins over powerhouses :: Defiance of Ohio , Delaware STATE -NOW 2 & 7  , UIC now 2 & 5 , SIUE now 1 & 6 Detroit Mercy now 4 & 4  , AND  IU Kokomo  !! Ft . Wayne has LOST to East Tennessee State -now 4 & 3 by 10 POINTS , To Oakland now 5 & 3 by 6 points and to the kaintucky cheaters by 19 points !1( Kentucky only beat Vermont by 4 measly points at Corr-RUPP-T Arena !! IU will beat Iowa tonight and get REVENGE for the Loss at Ft. Wayne las season when IU was playing without a key starter ! Revenge is sweet , baby !! P.S. IU lost that GAME AT FORT WAYNE last season !! This season the game is Being played in BLOOMINGTON , INdiana !! Ft.Wayne will be arriving in Bloomington WITHOUT their leading score from last season along  wwith FIVE other players that are no longer playing for Fort Wayne !! Those SIX players combined to average 38.1 points per game or almost ONE-Half of Fort Wayne's 86.94  points pwer game last season !! Ft. Wayne did beat IU-Kokomo  this season , but I think they {FT. WAYNE] will find it a lot HARDER to beat a HUNGRY- REVENGE MINDED IU OF BLOOMINGTON team this time around IN BLOOMINGTON , INDIANA !! Ft. Wayne does still have that [ censured -censured- censured a-hole transfer from pee yew } But I think Archie will have IU better prepared for that a-hole Bryson Scott !! If any of you are close enough to the current IU coaching staff , please tell them [ IU's coaching staff]  to set up a DEFENSE to stop that S-O-B !!!!!! I'm sick aand tired  of seeing that little turd go off on IU !! It is time for IU to FINALLY shut the little [ censured censured  ] down !!

LMFAO!!!!!!!...I come here to talk sports.  And I am no Nostradamus!!!!!!  VBG!!!!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

HTD encrypted a secret message within his text that has everything to do with the thread.  

Focus only on the letters highlighted in Bold Green.

In another post ( I could not locate it )  a poster said that if IU lost tonight they would have a 6 game losing streak after the game with Fort Wayne !! LMAO ! Ft. Wayne is 6 & 3 this season with wins over powerhouses :: Defiance of Ohio , Delaware STATE -NOW 2 & 7  , UIC now 2 & 5 , SIUE now 1 & 6 Detroit Mercy now 4 & 4  , AND  IU Kokomo  !! Ft . Wayne has LOST to East Tennessee State -now 4 & 3 by 10 POINTS , To Oakland now 5 & 3 by 6 points and to the kaintucky cheaters by 19 points !1( Kentucky only beat Vermont by 4 measly points at Corr-RUPP-T Arena !! IU will beat Iowa tonight and get REVENGE for the Loss at Ft. Wayne las season when IU was playing without a key starter ! Revenge is sweet , baby !! P.S. IU lost that GAME AT FORT WAYNE last season !! This season the game is Being played in BLOOMINGTON , INdiana !! Ft.Wayne will be arriving in Bloomington WITHOUT their leading score from last season along  wwith FIVE other players that are no longer playing for Fort Wayne !! Those SIX players combined to average 38.1 points per game or almost ONE-Half of Fort Wayne's 86.94  points pwer game last season !! Ft. Wayne did beat IU-Kokomo  this season , but I think they {FT. WAYNE] will find it a lot HARDER to beat a HUNGRY- REVENGE MINDED IU OF BLOOMINGTON team this time around IN BLOOMINGTON , INDIANA !! Ft. Wayne does still have that [ censured -censured- censured a-hole transfer from pee yew } But I think Archie will have IU better prepared for that a-hole Bryson Scott !! If any of you are close enough to the current IU coaching staff , please tell them [ IU's coaching staff]  to set up a DEFENSE to stop that S-O-B !!!!!! I'm sick aand tired  of seeing that little turd go off on IU !! It is time for IU to FINALLY shut the little [ censured censured  ] down !!

Brilliant! I did not notice that in my original reading.

8 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wonder if any Big Ten schools even want him?

I'd guess that he will end up somewhere on the east coast or close to it, as he is from VA. If I had to wager a guess, I would bet he will end up on a team in the Big East, or maybe the AAC. Or perhaps a smaller league like the CAA. He's a talented kid, and if he can put it all together he could be a really good player. I don't think he'll have a difficult time finding a nice landing spot.

7 hours ago, madmax said:

I'd guess that he will end up somewhere on the east coast or close to it, as he is from VA. If I had to wager a guess, I would bet he will end up on a team in the Big East, or maybe the AAC. Or perhaps a smaller league like the CAA. He's a talented kid, and if he can put it all together he could be a really good player. I don't think he'll have a difficult time finding a nice landing spot.

I feel like he could be successful somewhere in the VCU, George Mason, GW, Old Dominion range. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I feel like he could be successful somewhere in the VCU, George Mason, GW, Old Dominion range. 

I think you're undervaluing him on a small sample size. He's talented, but needs the right fit and time to grow his body and get that confidence back. Do think it's all about finding the right system/coach/team. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him excel somewhere, at a high major, in another year or so.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think you're undervaluing him on a small sample size. He's talented, but needs the right fit and time to grow his body and get that confidence back. Do think it's all about finding the right system/coach/team. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him excel somewhere, at a high major, in another year or so.

I'm not undervaluing him, but he clearly has a confidence issue that has developed for a variety of reasons and one reason is typically playing in an atmosphere where you're playing time is sporadic and you know you might get pulled for a mistake. At IU he's had a lot of competition for minutes and hasn't played free, he's played tight. IMO the best way to be in a situation where he can play free and just play without fear of getting yanked all the time is at a bit of a lower level. 

Those are all good mid-major programs I mentioned. I didn't mention them in the sense that Jones isn't talented enough to play in a Power 5 conference, but he needs to be on the court and to play, and at another Power 5 school the competition for playing time will most likely be stiffer. 

59 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not undervaluing him, but he clearly has a confidence issue that has developed for a variety of reasons and one reason is typically playing in an atmosphere where you're playing time is sporadic and you know you might get pulled for a mistake. At IU he's had a lot of competition for minutes and hasn't played free, he's played tight. IMO the best way to be in a situation where he can play free and just play without fear of getting yanked all the time is at a bit of a lower level. 

Those are all good mid-major programs I mentioned. I didn't mention them in the sense that Jones isn't talented enough to play in a Power 5 conference, but he needs to be on the court and to play, and at another Power 5 school the competition for playing time will most likely be stiffer. 

Hmm. Still think you're undervaluing him. All we've seen of him is his frosh season. Apply this same reasoning to Collin after his frosh season (when many actually wanted him to transfer). What he demonstrated in AAU ball/HS coming in fully justified his top 50 ranking, kid can score the ball, he's just not ready yet, this is about development, not ability. Agree he isn't seeing the floor time, and like many in that situation he's transferring because of that. You don't have that game he had against KU without serious talent. You don't excel like he did at the AAU level without serious talent. Your evaluation is small sample size, one frosh season, and his inability to earn minutes at the start of his soph season. He may, or may not, develop to his ability at his next school, but I absolutely would not be surprised if he did. He'd certainly get more early floor time at a mid major, and he may go for that for that reason, but he's certainly on par with many players at high majors who are getting good playing time, and put him with the right mix of players giving him space on the perimeter and I suspect he'll do well.

10 hours ago, madmax said:

I think VCU would be a good fit for Jones

Again, what talent?  I understand he was a good shooter in high school, and maybe he can get his shot worked out.  But he has a terrible handle, he’s not super athletic, and he can’t play defense.  He plays incredibly soft.  I don’t see any of that changing no matter where he goes.  If he was really talented, he would have been able to get minutes in our struggling backcourt this season.  Instead, a 3 star freshman thoroughly outplayed him and he transferred.  I think he was overrated as a recruit because he went to Huntington Prep.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hmm. Still think you're undervaluing him. All we've seen of him is his frosh season. Apply this same reasoning to Collin after his frosh season (when many actually wanted him to transfer). What he demonstrated in AAU ball/HS coming in fully justified his top 50 ranking, kid can score the ball, he's just not ready yet, this is about development, not ability. Agree he isn't seeing the floor time, and like many in that situation he's transferring because of that. You don't have that game he had against KU without serious talent. You don't excel like he did at the AAU level without serious talent. Your evaluation is small sample size, one frosh season, and his inability to earn minutes at the start of his soph season. He may, or may not, develop to his ability at his next school, but I absolutely would not be surprised if he did. He'd certainly get more early floor time at a mid major, and he may go for that for that reason, but he's certainly on par with many players at high majors who are getting good playing time, and put him with the right mix of players giving him space on the perimeter and I suspect he'll do well.

There's a big difference in Hartman and Jones. Jones got a shot his freshman year and just wasn't good. Then his sophomore hear he was passed up by a 3 star freshman. 

Hartman didn't get much of a chance to play his freshman season, not really through any fault of his own. Our front court was a log jam that season with Vonleh, Sheehey, Hollowell, Williams, Davis, Etherington and Hanner. Where was he supposed to get minutes? All of those guys had more talent or more experience. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We've seen his frosh season and the first 1/3 of this season. Comparing him to Colin doesn't really work, Colin was a mop-up duty player his freshmen year only playing in half the games when they were blowouts. CuJo played in all but one game last year and averaged double-figure minutes. We've seen what he can do. He can certainly get better though and develop, that's for sure, and my point is to develop, improve and regain his confidence he needs to play and be on the court. It's not about whether he has high-major talent or not, it's where's the best place for him to develop, regain his confidence and just get consistent playing time, and IMO that's more likely at a mid-major type of scenario. 

Archived