Curtis Jones leaving at Semester..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Roth?  He doesn't really fit here does he?  He went through Senior Day activities if I recall.  I wouldn't say he was dismissed or transferred/

Strange to count Roth, Creek, Etherington send even Patterson IMO. Three graduate transfers and a guy who was never granted full admission. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. 

Same here. I love 99% of the stuff that Chronic puts out but including those 3 and Patterson is a little odd/reach to fit his narrative. We know his views on roster management with Crean but adding those? Patterson? 

15 hours ago, bstall76 said:

I agree, but this chart is crazy.  20 players transferred or dismissed in a 10 year period is a lot.  2 players should not transfer from a program every year

DQJ3mOJUMAAltjz.jpg

Pretty much the national average since there are over 700 transfers and 351 teams in D1

18 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

So with this unexpected open scholarship, do we look to add two more kids this recruiting cycle, or do you that CAM will hold it?

Be nice to bank it so that if we get Romeo, there are two slots open in 19-20 to hopefully be filled by Brooks and Jackson-Davis.

18 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I concede any prior argument about belonging at IU. If they leave then it's clear they do not  I still think he has potential to play at the high-major level.

I'll be curious to see if CuJo opens it up to the best option or waits to see if Crean lands somewhere, if those become in the same to him.

Best wishes to him.

He wouldn't leave at the semester to wait.  The advantage to leaving at the semester is it gives him 2 1/2 years of play time left.  He can get enrolled now, sit through mid-December next year, and be available for whatever team he goes to conference schedule.

First of all , I'd like to POINT out that Tim Miles of NEBRASKA has had MORE players transfer out  [away from Nebraska ] during his coaching tenure at Nebraska than any IU Coach ever has [ had transfer out ] !!!!!!!!!! I've also been wondering about the ABSENCE of playing time for both MOORE and TIM PRILLER !! Don't laugh at the mention of Priller    ,please ! Priller is now a SENIOR and he played the best game of his IU career [ in my honest opinion ] last season VERSUS PURDUE( That alone should have given him more playing time , imho -VBG) ! I think IU could use his size and maturity ??  Maybe he just isn't the type player that Miller would recruit !?/ However , Since Archie did allow Priller to remain on IU's Roster , it just seems senseless [ to me ] t o have a 6'8" /6'9" SENIOR player on your roster and not play him at all !! I Know Archie is trying to get WINS  and IMPROVE the Hoosier Product on the playing floor !! I guess that I [ and all Hoosier Fans ] have just got to be PATIENT and see how this season progresses !! A WIN tonight would be another step in the right direction !! Go " Archie & the Gang !!

In another post ( I could not locate it )  a poster said that if IU lost tonight they would have a 6 game losing streak after the game with Fort Wayne !! LMAO ! Ft. Wayne is 6 & 3 this season with wins over powerhouses :: Defiance of Ohio , Delaware STATE -NOW 2 & 7  , UIC now 2 & 5 , SIUE now 1 & 6 Detroit Mercy now 4 & 4  , AND  IU Kokomo  !! Ft . Wayne has LOST to East Tennessee State -now 4 & 3 by 10 POINTS , To Oakland now 5 & 3 by 6 points and to the kaintucky cheaters by 19 points !1( Kentucky only beat Vermont by 4 measly points at Corr-RUPP-T Arena !! IU will beat Iowa tonight and get REVENGE for the Loss at Ft. Wayne las season when IU was playing without a key starter ! Revenge is sweet , baby !! P.S. IU lost that GAME AT FORT WAYNE last season !! This season the game is Being played in BLOOMINGTON , INdiana !! Ft.Wayne will be arriving in Bloomington WITHOUT their leading score from last season along  wwith FIVE other players that are no longer playing for Fort Wayne !! Those SIX players combined to average 38.1 points per game or almost ONE-Half of Fort Wayne's 86.94  points pwer game last season !! Ft. Wayne did beat IU-Kokomo  this season , but I think they {FT. WAYNE] will find it a lot HARDER to beat a HUNGRY- REVENGE MINDED IU OF BLOOMINGTON team this time around IN BLOOMINGTON , INDIANA !! Ft. Wayne does still have that [ censured -censured- censured a-hole transfer from pee yew } But I think Archie will have IU better prepared for that a-hole Bryson Scott !! If any of you are close enough to the current IU coaching staff , please tell them [ IU's coaching staff]  to set up a DEFENSE to stop that S-O-B !!!!!! I'm sick aand tired  of seeing that little turd go off on IU !! It is time for IU to FINALLY shut the little [ censured censured  ] down !!

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

These things happen !! Now , I'd like to see Archie take the REDSHIRT off of Race Thompson and see if Race could add some spark to the IU games ???????

No point in wasting his redshirt now. We aren’t going to beat MSU for the Big Ten and aren’t winning a NC, this year, even though I predict we squeeze into the tourney, so let him learn for a year. I agree we could use him, I just wouldn’t waste his redshirt at this point when he isn’t going to move the needle that much as far as our season results. And I really liked what I saw from him preseason! But still wouldn’t waste it now. 

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

In another post ( I could not locate it )  a poster said that if IU lost tonight they would have a 6 game losing streak after the game with Fort Wayne !! LMAO ! Ft. Wayne is 6 & 3 this season with wins over powerhouses :: Defiance of Ohio , Delaware STATE -NOW 2 & 7  , UIC now 2 & 5 , SIUE now 1 & 6 Detroit Mercy now 4 & 4  , AND  IU Kokomo  !! Ft . Wayne has LOST to East Tennessee State -now 4 & 3 by 10 POINTS , To Oakland now 5 & 3 by 6 points and to the kaintucky cheaters by 19 points !1( Kentucky only beat Vermont by 4 measly points at Corr-RUPP-T Arena !! IU will beat Iowa tonight and get REVENGE for the Loss at Ft. Wayne las season when IU was playing without a key starter ! Revenge is sweet , baby !! P.S. IU lost that GAME AT FORT WAYNE last season !! This season the game is Being played in BLOOMINGTON , INdiana !! Ft.Wayne will be arriving in Bloomington WITHOUT their leading score from last season along  wwith FIVE other players that are no longer playing for Fort Wayne !! Those SIX players combined to average 38.1 points per game or almost ONE-Half of Fort Wayne's 86.94  points pwer game last season !! Ft. Wayne did beat IU-Kokomo  this season , but I think they {FT. WAYNE] will find it a lot HARDER to beat a HUNGRY- REVENGE MINDED IU OF BLOOMINGTON team this time around IN BLOOMINGTON , INDIANA !! Ft. Wayne does still have that [ censured -censured- censured a-hole transfer from pee yew } But I think Archie will have IU better prepared for that a-hole Bryson Scott !! If any of you are close enough to the current IU coaching staff , please tell them [ IU's coaching staff]  to set up a DEFENSE to stop that S-O-B !!!!!! I'm sick aand tired  of seeing that little turd go off on IU !! It is time for IU to FINALLY shut the little [ censured censured  ] down !!

WTH?

The one transfer we could have still used is Max Montana (formerly known as Max Hoetzel).  He’d bring a stretch element that would help a lot   He had a quick trigger on his transfer, but he’d help us as one of the better shooters in the country.  I always liked Emmitt Holt, but that’s a different story (and not one I agreed with).

As for Jones, I wish him well as he comes across as a good kid.  I hope he finds a good fit.  To be fair, I think his recruiting ranking was inflated.  I’ve felt that the speed of the game was big for him.  He seemed like he was in awe out there.  While he worked hard in the weight room, he’s still physically underdeveloped.  He might have helped next year if he could develop a niche as a shooter.  But, I wish him well.  

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The one transfer we could have still used is Max Montana (formerly known as Max Hoetzel).  He’d bring a stretch element that would help a lot   He had a quick trigger on his transfer, but he’d help us as one of the better shooters in the country.  I always liked Emmitt Holt, but that’s a different story (and not one I agreed with).

As for Jones, I wish him well as he comes across as a good kid.  I hope he finds a good fit.  To be fair, I think his recruiting ranking was inflated.  I’ve felt that the speed of the game was big for him.  He seemed like he was in awe out there.  While he worked hard in the weight room, he’s still physically underdeveloped.  He might have helped next year if he could develop a niche as a shooter.  But, I wish him well.  

Apparenty Devin Davis is balling down in @Hoosierhoopster country for Kelvin Sampson. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Apparenty Devin Davis is balling down in @Hoosierhoopster country for Kelvin Sampson. 

The University of Houston's bio on Devin Davis claims that Devin LEFT IU after his freshman year. The way it is written, it gives the impression that Devin left IU on his own accord.  Here, read it for yourself.

UHCOUGARS.com :: Devin Davis Bio 

Unbelievable.

Yet, we all now the truth.  Devin Davis was cut from IU.  Along with one other miscreant.  And we know the reason why.

IU basketball team dismisses Devin Davis

In terms of Devin Davis playing for Kelvin Sampson..... it appears that the apple has not fallen far from the tree.  Kelvin promised IU fans in his first Hoosier  Hysteria, that what he got in trouble for at Oklahoma was something in his past, and something he would not do again while at IU.

In terms of Davis, himself..... he probably wrote or offered the person who wrote his bio at Houston, that he elected to leave IU, when we all know that also is a lie. 

19 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

This is perhaps the greatest post ever written on this site.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but wth does it have to do with this thread?

HTD encrypted a secret message within his text that has everything to do with the thread.  

Focus only on the letters highlighted in Bold Green.

Archived