Coach Miller interview with Evan Daniels on recruiting...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great interview. Hope all of HSN gets to watch the whole thing.  Coach Miller feels that TJD can be an All-American in the up coming season. 

And if I may.  Say.  That I respect the heck out of Evan Daniels. When Hoosier Sports Nation was part of the 247 platform.  Evan and I communicated a lot.  He never failed to respond to me.  And fed me with a lot of "inside" information.  Not just on IU, but other teams as well.  Truly a stand up guy, in my estimation. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, bluegrassIU said:

Every time I watch Archie in an interview I get that much more reassured our program is in good hands.

Confident, personable, tough and always looking to learn.

Thanks for the share @milehiiu

Archie personifies what I think an IU basketball coach should be.  Like all the coaches I had and growing up....and RMK.  

Looking forward to the future.  

17 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Archie personifies what I think an IU basketball coach should be.  Like all the coaches I had and growing up....and RMK.  

Looking forward to the future.  

Until Coach Miller punches a Puerto Rican cop in the face and stuffs him into a trash can, like Bobby Knight did.... I am not sure Coach Miller is the MAN for IU.

Just kidding of course. About Coach Miller that is.  The part about Coach Knight is true, and part of history, now.

And I think the arrest warrant for Coach Knight in Puerto Rico is still active.

No.... I am very comfortable with Coach Miller.  I love how he continues to live up to his promise of locking up the state.  Three Indiana Mr. BB players of the year.  And in hot pursuit of his fourth in a row.

19 minutes ago, Sark said:

Bobby didn’t punch a Puerto Rican cop or stuff him into a garbage can. Both of those statements are totally false.

The trash can incident involved an LSU fan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1981/03/30/knight-scuffles-with-lsu-fan/c0263e4c-2bef-40ed-a7e6-6aa849a8d2e8/

...but you need to quit pretending Knight was an angel.

This is Knight's own words.  Given his track record, I'd say the truth is closer to Knight punched a cop:

Says Knight, "On the third or fourth motion, he whacked me in the eye. My left hand came up in a purely reflexive action to push him away, with the heel of my hand under his chin. At that point the policeman shouted, 'This isn't the United States. This is Puerto Rico. You hit a policeman. You're under arrest.' "

1 minute ago, Sark said:

See above.  I literally quoted from the same article.

9 minutes ago, Sark said:

Did you read what Coach K said? Or others there who weren’t Officer Silva? Do you remember those Pan Am Games? Do you recall watching them? I think it’s also a little naive to believe anyone could’ve bonded out for $500 if the accused had truly punched a cop. That would’ve been a felony, even then.

Did you read the article I posted that said he punched a guy.

6 minutes ago, Sark said:

Did you read what Coach K said? Or others there who weren’t Officer Silva? Do you remember those Pan Am Games? Do you recall watching them? I think it’s also a little naive to believe anyone could’ve bonded out for $500 if the accused had truly punched a cop. That would’ve been a felony, even then.

Coach K also says Zion wasn't paid to play at Duke and called the college recruiting corruption scandal "just a blip."  Of course he's going to cover for his mentor.  He has no credibility with me.

Knight stuffed an LSU fan in a trash can, threw a chair across a basketball floor toward cheerleaders, fans and cameramen and choked Neil Reed.  I'm done with this.  You will never convince me that Knight did not strike a Puerto Rican cop.  He admitted it in his own words and apologized for it eight years later.

I'm happy Knight has shown signs of mellowing and reconciling with IU, but pretending he didn't seriously misbehave during his coaching career is just plain silly.

11 minutes ago, Sark said:

Yes, but there’s a far more in depth one that I posted that tells the story, which was supported by Coach K and others that witnessed it. A $500 bond for punching a cop? That’s a felony charge and he wouldn’t have been released like that. Had he immediately apologized, the initials charges would’ve been dropped. Bobby behaved badly but he didn’t punch him.

Believe what ever you want but I have heard for years that he did punch a cop.  I worshiped RMK for years and at one time did not think he could do no wrong but it is obvious he made some mistakes.

1 hour ago, Sark said:

You know the charges were likely going to be dropped had Knight apologized right away? You know striking a cop is a felony? You know his bail was $500? You know he never even missed a game during the entire games? I have a feeling there’s a reason you don’t remember any of those things.

You apparently think you understand criminal law in Puerto Rico pretty well.  I have my doubts.

12 minutes ago, Sark said:

It’s an American territory so the legal system isn’t particularly complicated. What do you need to know, beyond the facts I’ve already shared with you?

Mostly how you continue to indulge the fantasy that Knight didn't strike a police officer when he admitted doing so in his own words.

7 hours ago, Sark said:

It’s an American territory so the legal system isn’t particularly complicated. What do you need to know, beyond the facts I’ve already shared with you?

Good grief. Every state, and territory, has its own local criminal law. 
Regardless this argument is bizarre. RMK specifically admitted striking the cop. That is fact, not nuance. The hair you’re splitting is whether he “punched” him. RMK’s story is that he reacted defensively and struck the cop - so he’s claiming no intent and a defensive reaction, which generally is a defense to that type of “crime” for lack of mens rea (intent). 
You are free to believe him, it doesn’t change the fact he struck the cop and had to bond out. 

Archived