Who's YOUR too early B1G teams for next season ?

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have always thought Kofi was the kind of player looking to leave ASAP.

He was and is. Let's put it this way. He said yes at a time to Illinois when it was flapping in the wind the first week of January last year when 90% of Illini fans wanted Underwood gone. Orlando got his mojo going again and poof....a commit from a player like him. Didn't add up. Underwood has zero track record of developing bigs.

Wish I could share more. Last time I shared some scoop on an Illini player it was linked to 2-3 of their sites and I had to explain to my friend how it got there. Won't make that mistake again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Strange.  While our resident Illini member.  Who I welcome. Is saying Kofi is back on campus.  The U of I has issued a statement that their schedule is not having any athletic work outs till June 1. First voluntary work outs for BB to begin in the second or third week of June.

Illini athletics releases plan for voluntary summer workouts

Guessing Kofi being on campus can't  wait to getting started.

It's strange to be on campus before workouts will start? The plan was communicated to the players some time ago. It was just officially announced today.

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

It's strange to be on campus before workouts will start? The plan was communicated to the players some time ago. It was just officially announced today.

So UI has not be closed unlike every other school in the country

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He was also saying Brooks to UK was a done deal back when the insiders here said he was an IU lock.  

I don't know the guy.  However, I always appreciate an insider who is willing to share intel. Even if the intel does not turn out in the end to be correct. Always refer back to the Jared Jeffries rule. 

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He was also saying Brooks to UK was a done deal back when the insiders here said he was an IU lock.  

Nah, he said that when there were already a lot of rumors about it and I think some of the 247 crystal ball picks were UK. I don't claim to have any inside sources (because I don't) and by the time fpeaugh said that I already knew it was not only a very real possibility but likely.

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

Nah, he said that when there were already a lot of rumors about it and I think some of the 247 crystal ball picks were UK. I don't claim to have any inside sources (because I don't) and by the time fpeaugh said that I already knew it was not only a very real possibility but likely.

Yeah you're probably right.  He said Billy Donovan was definitely in Bloomington and also said Lander was a Louisville lock.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know the guy.  However, I always appreciate an insider who is willing to share intel. Even if the intel does not turn out in the end to be correct. Always refer back to the Jared Jeffries rule. 

He didn't even share what he heard, just that he heard something. He's a blowhard and an extremely negative poster on another forum so count yourself lucky that you don't know him. 

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thing is that guy is not an insider just a troll over there that ruins every thread.  I don't think he is even an IU fan at all and just goes to that board to mess with people.  I always thought he was one of the people who were only a RMK fan and was upset when he was fired and turned on the program.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

He didn't even share what he heard, just that he heard something. He's a blowhard and an extremely negative poster on another forum so count yourself lucky that you don't know him. 

Good to know. Thanks.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Thing is that guy is not an insider just a troll over there that ruins every thread.  I don't think he is even an IU fan at all and just goes to that board to mess with people.  I always thought he was one of the people who were only a RMK fan and was upset when he was fired and turned on the program.

Those individuals did exist.  I followed a Texas Tech fan board when RMK matriculated there.  There was one RMK fan who claimed to live just a few miles North of Assembly Hall who trashed IU at every opportunity he could.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah you're probably right.  He said Billy Donovan was definitely in Bloomington and also said Lander was a Louisville lock.

He’s a pretender. It’s kind of funny, people who hold themselves out  as insiders or having knowledge for some kind of wacky ego trip 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He’s a pretender. It’s kind of funny, people who hold themselves out  as insiders or having knowledge for some kind of wacky ego trip 

That guys and a couple of others is why I left the rivals board.  Those 3 are not IU fans and just wants to troll the board and disrupt every positive thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived