The NCAA cracks down on....

..... Stephen F. Austin.

Interestingly enough.  Their basketball program was part of the reason for the crack down.   Guess who was the head BB coach at the time..... Brad Underwood !  Who now has two of his three NCAAT appearances, while at SFA, officially vacated by the NCAA.

Stephen F. Austin forced to vacate wins, conference titles after lack of institutional control ruling

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

..... Stephen F. Austin.

Interestingly enough.  Their basketball program was part of the reason for the crack down.   Guess who was the head BB coach at the time..... Brad Underwood !  Who now has two of his three NCAAT appearances, while at SFA, officially vacated by the NCAA.

Stephen F. Austin forced to vacate wins, conference titles after lack of institutional control ruling

I posted something about this yesterday in another thread

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you don't see a pattern with your coach of being associated with wrong doing?

Of course not. The Illini fans skewered IU over Sampsongate.  But see nothing wrong with Underwood.... who like Sampson committed violations in the same state, before coming to the B1G.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So you don't see a pattern with your coach of being associated with wrong doing?

No. You see I actually take the time to understand the details of what happened. The violations committed at SFA were not anything involving the basketball staff.

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Of course not. The Illini fans skewered IU over Sampsongate.  But see nothing wrong with Underwood.... who like Sampson committed violations in the same state, before coming to the B1G.

Do you have a link to an article about these violations committed by Coach Underwood?

7 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No. You see I actually take the time to understand the details of what happened. The violations committed at SFA were not anything involving the basketball staff.

Do you have a link to an article about these violations committed by Coach Underwood?

From the Chicago Tribune...

"Former Underwood assistant coach Lamont Evans was arrested Sept. 26 and charged with conspiracy to commit bribery and five other counts involving steering top recruits to financial advisers. The current Oklahoma State coaching staff retained Evans after Underwood left in March for Illinois. Oklahoma State fired Evans on Sept. 28."

You can polish that turd all you want...he worked for Underwood, and he was dirty...

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Sounds like the excuses we used at first about Sampson

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

From the Chicago Tribune...

"Former Underwood assistant coach Lamont Evans was arrested Sept. 26 and charged with conspiracy to commit bribery and five other counts involving steering top recruits to financial advisers. The current Oklahoma State coaching staff retained Evans after Underwood left in March for Illinois. Oklahoma State fired Evans on Sept. 28."

You can polish that turd all you want...he worked for Underwood, and he was dirty...

So that's a "no" then?

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have already posted it.  It is your job to find it. 

You posted about violations committed by Underwood? I can't find it because it doesn't exist. Thanks for confirming that.

12 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No, Sampson actually committed violations and was eventually given a show cause ban.

Underwood hasn't even been accused of violations in the real world, i.e. outside of this board.

I'll give Underwood this. He's learned the Lou Holtz tango quickly. Move along before it catches up.

SFA...has had troubles with NCAA. Ok St and their lead recruiter for Underwood...has had troubles with NCAA.  KState...golly gosh darn who was Director of Basketball Ops at the time when Huggins did the Beasley dirt...Underwood.

Not an opinion. These are known. Not many coaches can have this much smoke around them with 1, 2, 3.....and possibly 4th gig. Time will tell but saying phrases like i.e outside of this board makes you look less than let's call it....aware. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll give Underwood this. He's learned the Lou Holtz tango quickly. Move along before it catches up.

SFA...has had troubles with NCAA. Ok St and their lead recruiter for Underwood...has had troubles with NCAA.  KState...golly gosh darn who was Director of Basketball Ops at the time when Huggins did the Beasley dirt...Underwood.

Not an opinion. These are known. Not many coaches can have this much smoke around them with 1, 2, 3.....and possibly 4th gig. Time will tell but saying phrases like i.e outside of this board makes you look less than let's call it....aware. 

What "troubles with the NCAA" did he have at SFA? Are you guys really that dense about what happened there?

Underwood "moved on" from OSU because their AD screwed up and Illinois was willing to pay him what OSU wasn't. The stuff about Evans came out afterwards.

And yes, those are "opinions" as to what you're implying. 

24 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

What "troubles with the NCAA" did he have at SFA? Are you guys really that dense about what happened there?

Underwood "moved on" from OSU because their AD screwed up and Illinois was willing to pay him what OSU wasn't. The stuff about Evans came out afterwards.

And yes, those are "opinions" as to what you're implying. 

Dense? Have a good one. Hard to have conversation with someone that says that. I noticed you didn't bring up KState. Good luck with Underwood. I keep trying to tell folks on here. Some of these guys from other schools try to act nice but will turn on a dime. You seem to fit that profile.

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

No, Sampson actually committed violations and was eventually given a show cause ban.

Underwood hasn't even been accused of violations in the real world, i.e. outside of this board.

Whatever you want to believe to make you happy.  When there is this much smoke there is usually fire.  So you don't think he knew what his assistant coach was doing at OSU.  Also Cal never got into trouble at UMASS and Memphis but do you truly believe he had no clue that things were going on.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Dense? Have a good one. Hard to have conversation with someone that says that. I noticed you didn't bring up KState. Good luck with Underwood. I keep trying to tell folks on here. Some of these guys from other schools try to act nice but will turn on a dime. You seem to fit that profile.

What do you expect from fans of a school that's never won diddley, had Crybaby Lou Henson as a coach...

Bet @BruceDouglas doesn't know how many "Whinin Illini" are in the Basketball Hall of Fame...

It wouldn't be a hard group to remember...

53 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What do you expect from fans of a school that's never won diddley, had Crybaby Lou Henson as a coach...

Bet @BruceDouglas doesn't know how many "Whinin Illini" are in the Basketball Hall of Fame...

It wouldn't be a hard group to remember...

It's tough as a Bears and Cubs fan and being from the state. I've never met a more insecure, inconsequential team or fan base that actually thinks they matter more than Illinois....with Purdue very, very close. Must be the engineering part of their DNA. Or just skinny white kids from small towns that don't know hoops or sports.

4 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

So that's a "no" then?

You posted about violations committed by Underwood? I can't find it because it doesn't exist. Thanks for confirming that.

Yes. I did. I can't help it if you are too lazy or unwilling to look it up.

By the way... are you telling me that you are not aware of the Grand Jury inquiry, into Brad Underwood before he left for Illinois ?  Seeking his e-mail,  text mail, cell phone records, and social media messages regarding NCAA violations.

Hint.... it was reported in a major Illinois newspaper, shortly after Underwood left OSU for Illinois.

Archived