The NCAA cracks down on....

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This one is interesting to me. 

I read in another article(cannot view the one you posted, maybe security reasons due to my work) that their rent went from like $850ish per month to like $4000ish.

Per Yahoo Sports...

Wednesday’s filing claims that Williamson’s parents moved from a $153,000 South Carolina home with a monthly rent of $895 into a North Carolina home valued at $950,000 with a rent listing of $4,995 a month upon signing with Duke.

That home is owned by a Duke alumnus, according to the filing.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NCAA could have pics and Video of Coack K giving Zion bags of money with marked bills a wire tap with full confession and they would he like nothing to see here. The saddest part is that all the big time cheaters know nothing is happening to them and it has drawn more.teams into those gray areas and some blatantly crossing the line to compete. 

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Sad part is when we discussed this (with photos of house) a couple years ago. Nothing done yet and until the NCAA actually swings the sword....I still won't believe a thing happens. I mean Louisville is in trouble for major violations while being on probation for major violations and they just signed another kid this week giving them a top 5 class.

Until one of the truly big boys gets hit it's all hot air. Which is sad. 

Per Daniel Wallach...

The public record evidence that Gina Ford relies on to sow doubts about Zion Williamson’s eligibility as a “student-athlete” are various exhibits from SNDY college basketball corruption case. Among them are text messages between Nike officials discussing payment to Zion in 2017.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Per Daniel Wallach...

The public record evidence that Gina Ford relies on to sow doubts about Zion Williamson’s eligibility as a “student-athlete” are various exhibits from SNDY college basketball corruption case. Among them are text messages between Nike officials discussing payment to Zion in 2017.

Wallach is a phenomenal follow these days. I'm still betting on this going away but at the very least it shows K is playing the game as well as anyone. I know Kentucky fans sure are happy somebody else gets to be the punching bag for a summer.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Zion's parents' 3 vehicles are......

2018 Mercedes Benz G Wagon, a 2016 GMC Yukon and a 2015 Cadillac Escalade — citing DMV records as evidence.

Because of course someone who is used to paying $895 per month in rent has cars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'll need to brush up on court procedure and appeals because no way this one gets played at lower levels. No clue the path this one takes but somewhere along the way an appeals judge will be deciding this one. Thing about Duke/Carolina.....they have tobacco attorneys on retainer. They don't lose. Or at least it sure doesn't seem that way. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Because of course someone who is used to paying $895 per month in rent has cars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'll need to brush up on court procedure and appeals because no way this one gets played at lower levels. No clue the path this one takes but somewhere along the way an appeals judge will be deciding this one. Thing about Duke/Carolina.....they have tobacco attorneys on retainer. They don't lose. Or at least it sure doesn't seem that way. 

Seems to me the IRS is/should be involved somewhere in this?

When it’s all said and done Duke will be far better off having Zion than not. Just like Michigan’s fab five back in my day. They are still famous for that talented group. Its just sad because if Zion was getting benefits than so were most of the UK recruits that play for just one season . I doubt anything big happens to Duke . 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Seems to me the IRS is/should be involved somewhere in this?

Eventually it could for sure. Whenever there is large amounts of cash involved in any business or scheme you can bet the Feds will take a looksy. Especially in a high profile case like this. Problem there is though Fed Prosecutors also are politicians and if they win they lose because of who their voting public is....if they ever decide to run for public office.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

USC football would beg to differ. With a few twists and turns, this situation looks like that, and the NCAA penalties were severe.

Have you guys heard about the head football coach at Iowa ?   Been there 22 years. But.... "I know nothing". 

40 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Duke booster provides $million dollar house.  Parents have 3 luxury cars. But the question is this: are there any Blue Devil bumper stickers on any of them?  Could be the "smoking gun."

My apologies to the board for my obligatory scandal post....and once again.....we gave ourselves the death penalty for phone calls. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Have you guys heard about the head football coach at Iowa ?   Been there 22 years. But.... "I know nothing". 

Sounds like Izzo. One of the largest sex scandals happened on his campus for 20+ years and he still stands by the I know nothing and I'll comment on that later bit. 

25 minutes ago, Sark said:

USC football would beg to differ. With a few twists and turns, this situation looks like that, and the NCAA penalties were severe.

I agree but I am not sure anything will happen to DUke. USC is or was big time and I know that but the Dukes and UK's of the world I believe in the eyes of the NCAA are the Untouchables. I hope dearly to be wrong on this one. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but I am not sure anything will happen to DUke. USC is or was big time and I know that but the Dukes and UK's of the world I believe in the eyes of the NCAA are the Untouchables. I hope dearly to be wrong on this one. 

I dunno.  IMHO, USC in football is bigger than Duke in basketball.  The circumstances are very similar though.

32 minutes ago, Sark said:

And the ncaa blasted usc even though it was Reggie Bush and his family who broke the rules. Read up on what the ncaa did to Todd McNair in their efforts to punish the school even though it was the player and his family who were on the take. Fining schools and putting them on probation is great but until you ban guys from coaching nothing will change. But the notion that the ncaa won’t lean on elite schools isn’t true. Kansas Arizona, LSU and a few others are going to find that out and if duke stepped over the line they’ll get popped too.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I wont believe that Duke will be touched until I see it. I would love to be wrong 

I find it interesting that just as the proverbial "stuff" has started hitting the fan, the Duke AD came out with comments about how he didn't think paying players for their likenesses was going to be equitable between schools. Golich and Wingo played a recording of his comments, all the while showing a clip that was basically a commercial for the Duke basketball program--highlights of Zion, attractive pictures of their facilities, etc. Whatever comes of this, the Duke leadership are smart people and know how to play the spin game to their benefit.

1 hour ago, Sark said:

Maybe so. Please list the evidence for us that they did so.

Did Toney Saprano ever get busted for all the hits he put out.  Some coaches like Calapari is like mob bosses who know everything that is going on but put enough distance between than and the crime 

7 minutes ago, Sark said:

Wow, can’t really argue with that, lol.

It is the truth or do you really think Cal did not know how Camby was getting all that jewelry. Do you really think Cal had no idea that someone took Rose's SAT test.  You don't think there is smoke where it was reported that Davis received 200,000 to go to UK.  How about a kid Bledso that could go from flunking math to passing Algebra 2.

Archived