The NCAA cracks down on....

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

He and eyewitnesses said he pushed the guy’s hand away after being poked in the eye. Not sure if that was it or not but punching him and  throwing him in a trash can after being kicked out of a game (that was how it was described here) never happened. Whatever it was, he made it worse by being a jerk that’s for sure.

Is Feremtz going to survive?

i don't know.  I wont be surprised if he walks away.  He was ready to retire a few years ago.  So i could see them asking him to step down.  Everyone thinks his son was being groomed to take over but i doubt that happen if he steps down.  I think they will hire a minority coach if Ferentz doesn't stay as the coach

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sark said:

Heard Brian was the heir apparent but probably no chance of that now. Jay Norvell?

Yeah i am not sure.  I think they go outside the program and find a new coach.  Thats is Iowa decided to do anything.  Frentz has a pretty much lifetime contract making like 4mil a year.  Who know what will happen.  I do think the Strength coach is going to be fired at some point and that might be enough to appease the troubled youth

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know that Ferentz is any different than a lot of coaches who are "its there way or the highway".  He is an old school disciplinarian.  I don't really like Iowa and think he should have been fired for not competing for National Titles years ago.  But they gave him a life time contract

5 hours ago, Sark said:

IU has that reputation? Where have you heard that? I doubt we’re different than anyone else. Sampson was caught by an intern almost by accident. 

Without diving into many details when an AD retains a firm to get the goods on a current coach 7 weeks before a season ends.....just so he can force a buyout. Those types of actions is just a glimpse into what our AD's office has been like for decade plus. Not to mention Harbaugh's comments about our administration when he left. I thought it was pretty common knowledge about our admin/ad office over the last 20 years.

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You remember how they nixed recruits walking across the floor? I'd guarantee there are a lot of compliance departments more user-friendly than IU's.

For sure!  A major reason why Fred Glass was hired was because of his work in Indy and him being a lawyer.  I can't wait to see IU win, sustainability with trying to do it the right way.

mia culpa. It was ME. In this thread.   Who said Coach Knight stuffed a Puerto Rican cop into a garbage can. I conflicted it with the LSU fan who claimed Coach Knight stuffed him into a garbage can. That is my bad. And I take full responsibility for that inaccuracy.

However the fact remains that there was an issue with a policeman in Puerto Rico.  And, with an LSU fan who claimed that Coach Knight stuffed him into a garbage can.

Let's not forget about an altercation, years later with a patron in a B-Town patron, in a restaurant.

Coach Knight had a long list of incidents over the years :

List of incidents involving Bob Knight 

Not included in the above list is the flower pot throwing incident.

One wonders if the history of incidents did not help lead up to his being fired from IU. And Lou Henson calling Coach Knight a classic bully.

All that being said..  Did we not love what he did for IU ?  Contributing money for libraries. Offering to give his salary back when he felt he under performed one season.  And lastly.... HIS FIRE. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Cutting the tail off the snake?

That's exactly what I thought when I read which leads me to this. They know these moves look that obvious to fans, right? LSU will say we parted ways with the guy, he's to blame,etc....and that should be enough of penalty. 

17 minutes ago, NY hoosier said:

Self is threatening to sue the NCAA. Must be some heat

No fan of Dollar Bill but I actually applaud the strategy. The whole country knows idiotic the NCAA is....he's just saying it in public. Not saying the outcome will be any different but ever since Carolina basically told the NCAA to stay in your lane I would try anything similar to this. 

"To put it bluntly, the NCAA enforcement staff is attempting to end Mr. Self's long and very successful coaching career for conduct which all coaches engage in and which the NCAA has known for many years is commonplace and permissible."

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Self's defense is "...well, yeah, but everyone else was cheating too!"

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been able figure out how to link a tweet to HSN.  Perhaps one of you fine people can do it for me.  Regarding a tweet that Dick Vitale tweeted today ( June 29). That both LSU and Arizona will be hit with level one violations from NCAA, sometime, late July or early August.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have never been able figure out how to link a tweet to HSN.  Perhaps one of you fine people can do it for me.  Regarding a tweet that Dick Vitale tweeted today ( June 29). That both LSU and Arizona will be hit with level one violations from NCAA, sometime, late July or early August.

I hope WIll Wade and his "strong-*ss offers" get a show-cause.  LSU deserves the hammer for standing by that sleazebag.

Archived