Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
milehiiu

The NCAA cracks down on....

"To put it bluntly, the NCAA enforcement staff is attempting to end Mr. Self's long and very successful coaching career for conduct which all coaches engage in and which the NCAA has known for many years is commonplace and permissible."

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Self's defense is "...well, yeah, but everyone else was cheating too!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

"To put it bluntly, the NCAA enforcement staff is attempting to end Mr. Self's long and very successful coaching career for conduct which all coaches engage in and which the NCAA has known for many years is commonplace and permissible."

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Self's defense is "...well, yeah, but everyone else was cheating too!"

His defense wasn’t that everyone else is cheating, it was that his conduct is and has been permissible. 

2 minutes ago, Sark said:

His defense wasn’t that everyone else is cheating, it was that his conduct is and has been permissible. 

Directing Adidas payments to recruits and trying to hide those efforts is permissible?

Wow.

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Directing Adidas payments to recruits and trying to hide those efforts is permissible?

Wow.

Don't argue with him because he is never wrong and will keep arguing.

25 minutes ago, Sark said:

When is having payments to players permissible.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

When is having payments to players permissible.

I was just saying what his defense was, which you missatated.. 

I have never been able figure out how to link a tweet to HSN.  Perhaps one of you fine people can do it for me.  Regarding a tweet that Dick Vitale tweeted today ( June 29). That both LSU and Arizona will be hit with level one violations from NCAA, sometime, late July or early August.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have never been able figure out how to link a tweet to HSN.  Perhaps one of you fine people can do it for me.  Regarding a tweet that Dick Vitale tweeted today ( June 29). That both LSU and Arizona will be hit with level one violations from NCAA, sometime, late July or early August.

Dick Vitale says:

“Here is an update on the potential @NCAA notice of allegations facing @LSUBasketball & @APlayersProgram  Arizona . My source just told me they will both be notified of violations at end of July or early August . Source says both will face LEVEL 1 charges .”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I hope WIll Wade and his "strong-*ss offers" get a show-cause.  LSU deserves the hammer for standing by that sleazebag.

• Like 5