General College Baseball Tidbits

btownqb

Here are a few things I've picked up on watching college baseball the last 3 years... 

1. ALL NCAAT games are broadcast free on ESPN/ESPN+. Pretty awesome, that first weekend of the tourney is very reminiscent of March madness opening weekend.

2. Recruiting services don't release player rankings until the following school year has started. Ex. 2020 SRs overall rank won't be published publicly until August sometime. Now.. the reason I know certain players ranking is because that player will have retweeted a specific tweet referencing their individual ranking, if that makes sense. 

3. If they move the start of college baseball to mid March its a hugeeee advantage for the northern teams. Indiana played 3 weekend series in North Carlona, Alabama, and Louisiana before even playing a home game this year. 

4. RPI is KING. SEC will have all 14 teams in the top 50/60. They have such an advantage, plus they play 3 or 6 extra conference games. 

5. These games, especially mid week games and Sunday games can look like little league scores. Pitching is at a premium. Those games are so high scoring sometimes because those a lot of times are "bullpen" games. 

6. Bullpens are rested, so starters don't stay in nearly as long as the MLB. 

I'm sure there is more. I'll continue to add to the list. 

Archived