Reese Taylor's Rise to the Top of the Depth Chart

From HS QB, to defense, to offense, back to defense, Reese Taylor's already challenging transition to corner hasn't been smooth. But he still managed to find his way to the top of the depth chart before the end of his sophomore year.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-reese-taylor-brings-some-intangible-things-that-a-lot-of-people-cant-do/

Love it.  I think our secondary is good as it’s ever been.  Taylor and Mullen, on the younger side, but both have NFL potential.  Then look at our backup corners such as Layne and Williams.  Both are solid.  Layne is as tough and physical as a corner gets.  He smothers receivers trying to get off the line of scrimmage.  I thought I heard he might move inside to safety.  I don’t mind that.  He’s a physical tackler and doesn’t have ideal speed for a corner.  

28 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Love it.  I think our secondary is good as it’s ever been.  Taylor and Mullen, on the younger side, but both have NFL potential.  Then look at our backup corners such as Layne and Williams.  Both are solid.  Layne is as tough and physical as a corner gets.  He smothers receivers trying to get off the line of scrimmage.  I thought I heard he might move inside to safety.  I don’t mind that.  He’s a physical tackler and doesn’t have ideal speed for a corner.  

Easily the best secondary we've had in a long time. Tracy is probably the 5th corner and he is supposedly better than average. 

Lot of kids with experience, talent, speed, and competitiveness. 

Archived