So many fond memories...

rico

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Every time I watch that replay I remember having that split second knot in my stomach as I was sure Kris Bryant was going to make a wild throw when he started to slip while throwing to first.

The 23 minute clip on Youtube is great covering 2016 highlights. Admittedly I know I was drunk for about a month during that run but always forget how $ Montero, Addison, Fowler were....and agree with you. I can see it right now....thought he was going to slip and sail that over a 6'4 or so Rizzo.

This doesn't include photos or video but in 1984 the Cubs started doing far more fan days and giveaways,etc....especially for kids. Anyway long story short. One of my fondest memories was going down onto Wrigley myself as a 11 year old and getting my photos taken with every 1984 Chicago Cub. They roped off the infield but they had us all lined up at start of outfield to get pictures taken, autographs,etc....of course standing next to Sandberg was/is on my personal Mount Rushmore. Ron Cey, Moreland, Bob Dernier, Durham.....all my favorites at the time as well as Gary Matthews. 

Lost one of my Cubs pins that day on the field but running around on Wrigley before a game as a young kid?? Looking back at it I laugh because try finding parents who say no problem kid go down on Wrigley by yourself and hang out for a couple of hours without parental helicopters.

Archived