Justin Smith transferring

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

I like Al... he’s not a superstar, but he has a nice stroke. I thought Justin would be back, but this opens the gates for Hunter and should provide Geronimo an opportunity to grow quickly. 

Yeah, I hope they both grow 2 inches real quick.

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up. His defense was great but he was definitely a part of why the offense stalled so often. Also opens up more minutes for Hunter so it could be a blessing in disguise. 

Sounds a lot like Eastern honestly. 

It hurts, but I don’t think it will be as significant and most think. He was a limited offensive player that was very inconsistent. I think our offense will get a boost and defense will be just fine. Makes our front court depth thin, but still have TJD, Brunk, and Race. Hunter can play the 4 if needed. Will be very interesting to see if the staff scrambled to try and find another grad transfer wing or big.

Later ✌️.  Honestly think this has the potential to raise the team’s ceiling next season... Goodbye to the clogged toilet three-big lineup.  Think this means we probably go with a three guard lineup of Lander, Phinisee, Durham, TJD, and Brunk.

IU is going to sink or swim with “Archie’s guys.”  More minutes for Hunter, Thompson, and the freshmen.  I’m optimistic they’ll step up.

9 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I like Al... he’s not a superstar, but he has a nice stroke. I thought Justin would be back, but this opens the gates for Hunter and should provide Geronimo an opportunity to grow quickly. 

Yeah, unless he is a problem “behind the scenes” I don’t understand the negativity towards Al. Never expected him to be a star, seems to play hard and is one of our better three point shooters. With both Lander and Rob at pg Al should get most of his minutes at the better suited 2.

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah I wouldn't care if Al left either.  I'm done with the entire Crean era.

Al has been a good player and has improved every year so I want him on this years team.  I am disappointed that Smith is leaving because I feel he was going to have a really good season this year.

Archived