Justin Smith transferring

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Sorry but to me its 100% quitting. If I were Durham or Miller I'd feel the same way. Smith just said peace and the last three years didn't matter. I can't stand the new normal. This isn't normal!!

It is normal, though, and has been for some time. What you mean is that you wish it wasn't normal.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I appreciate Justin. I can’t control other people’s feelings about quitting and their unappreciative feelings. Kid got his degree. That is what he came to IU for. He is simply trying to better himself. He didn’t quit on his teammates mid season or not put in effort to improve and just take up a scholarship. He honored his commitment to IU. 
 His opportunity for growth was going to be limited here next year. I’m upset only for selfish reasons that I thought next year was going to be a big turnaround for us and he would be a big part of that as a senior but if I can’t be mad at Romeo for leaving as a freshman or Damezi transferring why Justin? The way we pick and choose who to run down sometimes frustrates me. He had a lot to improve on and had his faults but if we truly looked at our kids as family we would see this is likely the best for him and also would be a little more careful with our criticism of our players. I wish him the best...of course unless he goes to Purdue lol...then that might sting. Anyways that’s my two cents...which is worth about two cents lol.

Well said 

43 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

It is normal, though, and has been for some time. What you mean is that you wish it wasn't normal.

Ok. This isn't right nor is it how things should operate. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

There is so much soft crap in this thread. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ok. This isn't right nor is it how things should operate. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Why not? Players should be able to leave whenever they wish just as any other student is able to. Or employees, even.

The days when transfers and players going pro early were both rare are long gone. In fact, was there ever a time there weren't a lot of transfers? Bob Knight certainly had his fair share so not during my lifetime.

Smith played the role he was given while here. He decided he didn't like that role and wanted to look for somewhere else where he could play a different role. Nothing wrong with that. To put it another way, he was a team player while on the team and during the off-season chose to look out for his own interests.

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Why not? Players should be able to leave whenever they wish just as any other student is able to. Or employees, even.

The days when transfers and players going pro early were both rare are long gone. In fact, was there ever a time there weren't a lot of transfers? Bob Knight certainly had his fair share so not during my lifetime.

Smith played the role he was given while here. He decided he didn't like that role and wanted to look for somewhere else where he could play a different role. Nothing wrong with that. To put it another way, he was a team player while on the team and during the off-season chose to look out for his own interests.

And I still disagree. 🤷‍♂️ idk what to tell you. 

There is 100% something wrong in quitting. "During the off season" sorry but that's absurd to me. Rather than be a leader and work through covid, Smith was looking for a way out. 

I won't miss seeing him in an IU uniform.  That dude quit. 

1 minute ago, Sark said:

Peyton Ramsey and Coy Cronk both quit on the IU football team and neither bother to tell Rom Allen before they announced they were leaving. Were you as upset with them as you are with Smith?

I'm not upset at all about Smith? Lol 

Of the 3 he'd be the least I'm upset about 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Sark said:

Peyton Ramsey and Coy Cronk both quit on the IU football team and neither bother to tell Rom Allen before they announced they were leaving. Were you as upset with them as you are with Smith?

The other two are above avg players, Smith isn't. He's just soft. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There is 100% something wrong in quitting. "During the off season" sorry but that's absurd to me. Rather than be a leader and work through covid, Smith was looking for a way out. 

Maybe he thinks Archie quit on him. 

we may not agree with it, but it could be his perception. Just sayin’

Just now, Sark said:

That’s not material, though Smith led the team in minutes last year, so he wasn’t average at all. Just strange that you have a different view of quitting based on your perception of ability.

He quit on the team when he was going to be the SR leader. Did it right 😂😂🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Sark said:

That’s not material, though Smith led the team in minutes last year, so he wasn’t average at all. Just strange that you have a different view of quitting based on your perception of ability.

he's just not all that good.  🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, Sark said:

So did Cronk and Ramsey, yet you’re not critical of them. Strange.

how do you know I'm not? So strange you pretend to know so much about people. You've mentioned before you're a MSU fan... they have their own big time worries lol 

Sorry guys. Ho hum... good for you buddy. Super glad you're transferring to new school, thats fantastic!!! 

Can we pay your tuition there, as well? Or? What more do we need to do to support Justin Smith? I mean heavens he went he for 3 years, so we need to build him a statue. 

2 minutes ago, Sark said:

Ramsey, too? His dad ripped Allen and said he misled them. And both were quitters on their teammates and didn’t even talk to TA.

You're full of it, as always. But I'm sure daddy Smith and Justin are just angels 😂😂😂 what are you trying to prove to me? That SRs should quit on their team? Doubt you'll convince me of that. 

Just now, Sark said:

Of course they did, but injuries impact everyone’s playing time. Lol

specifically Justin's. He doesn't play anything close to 30mpg if Hunter is healthy the last two years. Again.. addition by subtraction. I'm out. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think you are the only one seeing this as Smith quitting on his team.  With over 700 transfers a year this is just what you get in college basketball today. We might not like it but if you are going to follow college sports you will need to get use to it.

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Honestly.. I'm not upset about losing someone who was half in. 

Hope he succeeds wherever he goes, but he will be regretting this for a long time. Its unfortunate, but oh well. I am glad he got his degree. 

Let me ask you one thing have you never changed jobs in your life.  If you have then you quit on your former employee to take another job elsewhere.  He is just looking to go somewhere where it will benefit him and he did it in the off season so there is nothing wrong with what he did.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think you are the only one seeing this as Smith quitting on his team.  With over 700 transfers a year this is just what you get in college basketball today. We might not like it but if you are going to follow college sports you will need to get use to it.

No. I'm nowhere close to the only one. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Let me ask you one thing have you never changed jobs in your life.  If you have then you quit on your former employee to take another job elsewhere.  He is just looking to go somewhere where it will benefit him and he did it in the off season so there is nothing wrong with what he did.

Gotcha. I will come to you more for whats right and wrong. 

But no.. I havent switched jobs. 👌

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The other two are above avg players, Smith isn't. He's just soft. 

Is there a reason you have to make everything personal by calling a former player a name because it is childish.  This type of post is why our fan base gets a bad reputation for being to critical of IU players.

Archived