Favorite Baseball Memories

IUFLA

YouTube is so awesome. Was browsing last night and came upon one of my all time favorite World Series moments...

Bernie Carbo had been a Reds farmhand in the late 60s and played a couple of years with the big club. I got his autograph at old Bush Stadium when I was a kid. Very nice to me...

Anyway, I was watching game 6 of the WS in 1975 with my best friends who were all Reds fans...I remember when Bernie hit this, one said, "God dammit! I knew we shoulda kept him!"

2 other things...it was 6-3 Reds, bottom of the 8th, 2 out and 2 on when Carbo came to the plate...the pitch before the HR, with 2 strikes, he basically fouled off right out of Bench's glove...

And without this HR, there's no iconic Pudge Fisk waving it fair HR to with the game in the 12th for the Bosox and force a game 7...

57 minutes ago, rico said:

And then there was Morgan's bloop single in the 9th to win it...

Interesting that Tony Kubek said something about Johnny Bench relaying signs to Perez on Lee's "blooper pitch." 

He undoubtedly had no idea how big of a story something like that would become 42 years later...

Archived