Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

On vacation in Mississippi and caught this from a bridge today. We usually just catch small trout, croakers, and a few other things. Redfish from there are pretty rare. Any fish above 10-12 inches is pretty good, and this was 21.5 inches.

20200713_180338.jpg

What time is dinner?

Nice catch 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Per the Indiana DNR:

Indy man charged with impersonating conservation officer

An Indianapolis man has been charged in Hendricks County with one felony charge of impersonating a public servant/law enforcement officer after a lengthy investigation was conducted by Indiana Conservation Officers.

Tyler Westell, 30, of Indianapolis, turned himself in to the Hendricks County Jail on July 21 before an arrest warrant was served.  

The case originated in early November 2019 when a hunter reported to DNR Law Enforcement that they were getting harassing texts and calls from a person claiming to be a high-ranking Indiana Conservation Officer. 

Westell was identified as the suspect after search warrants were served pertaining to cellular services and social media accounts, and after investigators were able to listen to ongoing phone calls. 

All charges are merely accusations and defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty

Edited by rico

Almost forgot.  "Baby Rico" and I hit Stafford Lake last Saturday.  On the water at 8 AM, left at 9:30.  Productive day for as freaking hot as it was.  We were tossing plastics at them.  Brought home 18 to clean.  Trent and I figured it had been 10 years since we fished together and that was on the ice.  On a side note, today is his 29th birthday.  Here are some pics from the outing:

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Almost forgot.  "Baby Rico" and I hit Stafford Lake last Saturday.  On the water at 8 AM, left at 9:30.  Productive day for as freaking hot as it was.  We were tossing plastics at them.  Brought home 18 to clean.  Trent and I figured it had been 10 years since we fished together and that was on the ice.  On a side note, today is his 29th birthday.  Here are some pics from the outing:

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

The new seating in the boat looks nice!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No, as my username states, I am in Steuben County

gotcha.  my neighbor feeds the swans.  There is a pair that lives right around the corner and hangs out on my other neighbors old boat lift right in front of my house.  Just popped my head out and true to form they are down there waiting on their morning treat.  There is another pair with a baby they threw me for a loop.  I thought, wow, those swans are letting that duck just follow them around and treat it like their own, only to figure it was a rather large baby.  Poor ugly thing that will grow up pretty. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Is Pokagen State park still a nice place? I use to go once a year when i was a kid and have thought about taking my family. 

Yes it is. The lodge has gone through some renovations recently. Nice cabins as well. We generally get over there for their Easter brunch. I also cross country ski there. The toboggan run is still a big draw.

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yes it is. The lodge has gone through some renovations recently. Nice cabins as well. We generally get over there for their Easter brunch. I also cross country ski there. The toboggan run is still a big draw.

Nice...I don’t think they had cabins back then,we always stayed at the lodge and hung out on there beach at lake James