Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back in the day my cousin and I used to chase mushrooms from Wabash, IN north to Cadillac, MI.  When we would get into Michigan to hunt we always had to stop at one particular place before crossing the border to head home.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/former-lunkers-in-edwardsburg-gets-new-life-with-marijuana-dispensary/article_1086223a-3a4f-11eb-a84f-239940d2453b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_South_Bend_Tribune&fbclid=IwAR1f4heoXwzx4KGt-l8GtLY5yM9R3zoXRiuoRN756dGD9aJ6kXOO3pPGH5g

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Back in the day my cousin and I used to chase mushrooms from Wabash, IN north to Cadillac, MI.  When we would get into Michigan to hunt we always had to stop at one particular place before crossing the border to head home.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/former-lunkers-in-edwardsburg-gets-new-life-with-marijuana-dispensary/article_1086223a-3a4f-11eb-a84f-239940d2453b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_South_Bend_Tribune&fbclid=IwAR1f4heoXwzx4KGt-l8GtLY5yM9R3zoXRiuoRN756dGD9aJ6kXOO3pPGH5g

Reunion time? 🥳

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

I have been there a few times. Food was darn good. 

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh yeah...the food was excellent.  That is why we stopped.  It was like eating supper at Cabela's.

A year ago after dropping off my wife so she could hike the Appalachian Trail I stopped at Bass Pro Shops in Sevierville, Tennessee and had a fantastic lunch/dinner. Next spring when she does another stint I will be stopping there again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got some buds that are on in the LaPorte/Valpo area.  So I did some "scouting" today close by.  Got a few farm ponds that have 3"s.  Kuhn, at the Barbee Chain is froze over but not fishable.  The Tri-County FWA area is not ready yet.  Kind of depressing for me to be honest.  But I got some new ice line and some bait.  Gonna get some more equipment ready to go including my shacks.  Then I will patiently wait or my arsz is heading about 1 1/2 hours north towards the Michigan line.  Times like this I wish I lived a lot closer to I-69.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

Well I got some buds that are on in the LaPorte/Valpo area.  So I did some "scouting" today close by.  Got a few farm ponds that have 3"s.  Kuhn, at the Barbee Chain is froze over but not fishable.  The Tri-County FWA area is not ready yet.  Kind of depressing for me to be honest.  But I got some new ice line and some bait.  Gonna get some more equipment ready to go including my shacks.  Then I will patiently wait or my arsz is heading about 1 1/2 hours north towards the Michigan line.  Times like this I wish I lived a lot closer to I-69.  

A shack? You need to try naked ice fishing!

Was going to go fishing today on a couple of private lakes that's on a friend's property but he doesn't want anyone near the woods anymore.  Said something about getting roared or yelled at a couple of days ago by something in the woods 🤷Sigh.  Going to Dale Hollow in a couple of weeks, gives me more time to prepare I suppose.