Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

1 hour ago, rico said:

Charter?  We don't need no stinking charter!  LOL

Funny thing about fishing.  It can be either simple or sophisticated but either way it can be both fun and "successful."  

But I would be lying if I told you that I didn't look at moon phases or the barometric pressure.  I also keep a close eye on weather fronts.  Underwater structure(s) are a blessing.  Certain birds can tip you off as to the location of fish.  Etc.

In any case, if there are members out there that want to wet a line just give me a shout.  I would be more than happy to take any of ya fishing.  All you need is a license.  I got everything else.

Really good stuff here guys. So much going on with fishing without knowing it's going on! Haha.

Going to have to give it a try one of these days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really good stuff here guys. So much going on with fishing without knowing it's going on! Haha.

Going to have to give it a try one of these days.

With the way food prices are rising, I suspect to see quite a few people try their hand at fishing and hunting.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rico said:

Charter?  We don't need no stinking charter!  LOL

Funny thing about fishing.  It can be either simple or sophisticated but either way it can be both fun and "successful."  

But I would be lying if I told you that I didn't look at moon phases or the barometric pressure.  I also keep a close eye on weather fronts.  Underwater structure(s) are a blessing.  Certain birds can tip you off as to the location of fish.  Etc.

In any case, if there are members out there that want to wet a line just give me a shout.  I would be more than happy to take any of ya fishing.  All you need is a license.  I got everything else.

When whale watching off the coast of San Diego, I learned to look for the birds. The humpback whales would circle their prey into groups for eating. The birds knew how to take advantage of that.

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

When whale watching off the coast of San Diego, I learned to look for the birds. The humpback whales would circle their prey into groups for eating. The birds knew how to take advantage of that.

Exactly the same principle that I look for when fishing for walleye.

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

LOL...When I first read that, for some reason my mind substituted the word "fishing" for "watching" and I was gonna say, "You go, Ahab!"

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

My sons first flip off a diving board..😂

Ahhh...youth.  When you're 17, doing a dive from the roof of a gazebo into a friend's pool seems like fun.  Tack 20 years on and just doing a flip off of a board seems life-shortening. 

On the other hand, the additional blubber mass makes for a hell of a cannonball. 😁

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

A Czech study?  Looks to me like they not only need to come to grips with their meth problem but work on how they treat their wastewater.

Here in the States we better get our mercury problem in check.

If I was a millionaire business man I would be looking into fish farming.

• Like 1