Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

On 1/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, rico said:

It was effin' cold out there this morn.  But it was a pretty steady bite once I got set up in the shack.  

stafford 012222.jpg

On 1/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, jv1972iu said:

I tell you, Rico, the sons of Mrs. Paul are out to find you.  And when they find you....ooooooh...it won't be pretty!!   😬😝😂

Now those are some frozen fish filets I can get behind eating lol!!

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So I’m sitting on the porch enjoying a beautiful Georgia day at 68!! It was 70-80 yards out and my eyes aren’t what they used to be, but pretty sure an eagle was flittering around in the thick of my woods! Maybe caught a squirrel? Eagles are such awesome birds, hope he stays local!

Golden or Bald?

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Definitely not bald, I’m going with Golden.

Back when I lived in Chicagoland, there was a Bald Eagle that had, for some reason, nested near St Charles, Illinois...Couldn't hardly get down the road with all of the picture takers...

Sadly, one of them got hit by a car a few years back... :( 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Sad 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Back when I lived in Chicagoland, there was a Bald Eagle that had, for some reason, nested near St Charles, Illinois...Couldn't hardly get down the road with all of the picture takers...

At the family cabin in Wisconsin the island in front of us had a Bald Eagle nest! This was back in the days of DDT! The Audubon Society decided they HAD to climb the tree and count/measure the eggs? 
The parents abandoned the nest and the eggs never to return, thank you environmentalists for protecting us?!!!!??

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

This was just in the news-

https://tnnewswire.com/2022/02/10/stunning-video-captures-dozens-of-bald-eagles-perched-on-tennessee-trees-news-channel-9/

Did a little research and found TN, and specifically Reelfoot Lake, is your best place to see eagles outside of Alaska. 

Just a little troll/ paddle down white river, out of Gosport Indiana, if you don't see 5 within 3-4 miles, its a strange day. Since they re-introduced them around lake Monroe 20ish+ some years ago, they are extremely prevalent around the greater (and I literally mean GREATER) area of Bloomington.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Sadly, one of them got hit by a car a few years back... :( 

Again, just outside of Gosprt, there is an active nest that's been there for 20 some years. Damn thing must be 10' diameter. It is totally awesome to watch nature over a long span of time. Reminds me that we often make life much too difficult. 

• Like 1