Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

30 minutes ago, rico said:

I do better through the ice for them than I do open water unless I am fishing Erie or Lake Michigan.

We go to a small lake in Mendon, Michigan that has them. When you can find them you can limit out and they are nice sized. The trouble is finding them 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

We go to a small lake in Mendon, Michigan that has them. When you can find them you can limit out and they are nice sized. The trouble is finding them 

I hear ya Bro.  Finding them is the key.  LOL  Unfortunately my electronics doesn't show species.  But I wish they did.

Just now, rico said:

Rolled in corn meal and fried in butter.

Yep...my old man, a son of the Wabash, would most definitely approve.  Those are beauties!!  And boy they're pretty darn rich too!  Those can pass as your entree with a couple of tasty sides....and some cold beer...or a fine Chianti.  Pass on the fava beans, Dr. L.

• Haha 2

Going tomorrow morning before the cold snap comes. Hoping I find enough!

One thing about living in Southern Indiana since the 90's over the years to today most of the private property has been leased, and public land is getting crowded.  People come down from Indy or up from Louisville metro area to hunt game and mushrooms, fish and whatever else. 

It's to the point where our family has 40 acres and some public land. All the access we used to have to private property is gone because $$$.  I dont blame them because they have to pay their property taxes. 

Just shows how much things have changed. My grandpa bought a 40 acre farm in 1968 on savings and %50 army pension. Had it for 37 years. I wont be able to afford to keep it when its handed down. 

Sorry for complaining. 

Edited by mrflynn03