Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Anyone paddle board? Took mine out for a bit yesterday. Was a bit rusty. Need to get my balance back. 

Used to paddle board quite a bit at Monroe or Sweetwater.  Mostly on vacations and such anymore though. Not many lakes in Central Indiana and the lakes we do have get pretty packed very quickly and it's just not safe. 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:38 AM, rico said:

I forgot to say this yesterday.  But Tammy was using live bait.  Red wigglers and waxies.  I was using these little guys on a jig head.

https://www.bassassassin.com/store/p24/Tiny_Shad_-_1.5″.html#/

Rico, have you ever tried wacky rigging a Yamamoto senko bait?  I used to slay bass with these during the summer.  Green pumpkinseed worked best.

22 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Rico, have you ever tried wacky rigging a Yamamoto senko bait?  I used to slay bass with these during the summer.  Green pumpkinseed worked best.

Never have.  I really don't bass fish much anymore but when I do I use a Texas rigged firetail rubber crawler.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, mrflynn03 said:

Anyone been whitewater rafting?  I've been once, on the New River in West Virginia.  Would like to go again someday. 

I've been to the gauley in West Virginia and also some class 5 rapids near turrialba Costa Rica.  I used to think that the guy who wrote Avatar was creative until I went to Costa Rica and realized that that's what it looks like.   minus the blue people

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, Seeking6 said:

Used to paddle board quite a bit at Monroe or Sweetwater.  Mostly on vacations and such anymore though. Not many lakes in Central Indiana and the lakes we do have get pretty packed very quickly and it's just not safe. 

I'm thinking activities such as tennis and paddle boarding have to be great for us as we age.  

Wife and I are both equally terrible at tennis so we're good match for each other. We're also hoping to add a couple paddle boards by the end of summer probably going to be her birthday gift

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

So today as I was driving toward the trail head about a mile from my house I had to pull over to let a rescue truck towing a Deere Gator go by. As I went by the trail parking lot there was already a fire truck there. Obviously there was some kind of medical emergency out on the trail! Be safe my brothers and sisters when you go out and about in the wilderness!

Edited by Drroogh

48 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So today as I was driving toward the trail head about a mile from my house I had to pull over to let a rescue truck towing a Deere Gator go by. As I went by the trail parking lot there was already a fire truck there. Obviously there was some kind of medical emergency out on the trail! Be safe my brothers and sisters when you go out and about in the wilderness!

Yes. Do get out. But stay safe when you do.

6 people have drowned in Colorado waters in one week | FOX31 Denver

• Like 1

Always let some know where you are when you go outdoors.  A few years ago was hiking in brown county while camping with the wife. Sprained my ankle on the trail for the umpteenth time in my life. Not the worst but still had to hobble, hop, and drag my fat ass 3/4 mile uphill to the parking lot. 

When outdoors keep you legs,ankles, and feet healthy. 

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Always let some know where you are when you go outdoors.  A few years ago was hiking in brown county while camping with the wife. Sprained my ankle on the trail for the umpteenth time in my life. Not the worst but still had to hobble, hop, and drag my fat ass 3/4 mile uphill to the parking lot. 

When outdoors keep you legs,ankles, and feet healthy. 

The last time I was attempting to summit Torreys peak (a 14,000 ft peak in Colorado) via the Kelso ridge (a class 3 climb) there were  two helicopters searching for a missing hiker. They found him the next day dead, not 100 yards from the trail I would have been on had I continued up. It was July and the snow was still so deep last summer that my nephew and I ended up turning back about a half mile from the summit.

let people know indeed...

• Sad 1