2021 NBA Draft

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Lander at #17 and TJD at #29

He makes a big deal about TJD 'already being 20 years old' and makes it sound as if that is a negative to his draft status.  

If Lander goes #17, IU should have a very good year

Does anyone know how old Lander actually is? The rule is the player has to turn 19 in the calendar year of the draft plus a year removed from high school. So if this is a true reclassification and he truly is skipping his senior year he won’t even be eligible for the nba draft   

31 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Does anyone know how old Lander actually is? The rule is the player has to turn 19 in the calendar year of the draft plus a year removed from high school. So if this is a true reclassification and he truly is skipping his senior year he won’t even be eligible for the nba draft   

The rule is 19 years old

OR

a year removed from high school.

That means Lander should be eligible for the 2021 draft. I personally think he will be here 2 years. But, if Lander and TJD are both drafted in the 2021 first round that means we would’ve have a really good season. 

I love seeing IU players get drafted, because it makes the NBA way more fun to watch and it’ll help Indiana recruiting on the national stage (out of state).

I also hate seeing players that aren’t going to be drafted in the first round leave. Look at all the UK players that aren’t going to be selected till the late second round. Why not just go back to school and raise your draft stock for the next year.

Hopefully next year neither of these guys make a bad decision that they will later regret. 

24 minutes ago, btroesch14 said:

The rule is 19 years old

OR

That means Lander should be eligible for the 2021 draft. I personally think he will be here 2 years. But, if Lander and TJD are both drafted in the 2021 first round that means we would’ve have a really good season. 

When did that change happen? OJ Mayo turned 19 before he graduated high school and still had to play one year in college. 

10 minutes ago, btroesch14 said:

The rule is 19 years old

OR

Incorrect. It's an AND, not an OR.

There doesn't seem to be a good source showing his birthday. One site says 2003 which means he wouldn't be eligible until 2022. The USA basketball site shows on his profile his age as 17 and was last updated on Dec 4, 2019. That would mean he would be 19 in 2021 and is the more credible of the two. 

Archived