Lander ahead of TJD in draft

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the article HE.

So we have 2 guys projected in the first round that's good.

I was a little surprised they had Lander as high as they did (17), but he's good.

I think the analysis in the article of each player's strengths and weaknesses was good. 

46 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2020/05/26/2021-nba-draft-big-board-cade-cunningham-jalen-green?__twitter_impression=true

But!  He can't beat out our current crop of guards for a starting spot. Enjoy him while we got him fellas

He's very, very fast and very good with his handles. He's the top rated recruit entering the Big 10 this year for a reason. He has the draftability (if that's a word) for next year.....his body might make him wait for another. Otherwise...no worries whatsoever. One thing our staff has done with 10+ deep is keeping the talent flowing to the 812 during 3 years of transition and optimism.

No reason to think it stops. Our next PG resides in Westfield anyway.

36 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2020/05/26/2021-nba-draft-big-board-cade-cunningham-jalen-green?__twitter_impression=true

But!  He can't beat out our current crop of guards for a starting spot. Enjoy him while we got him fellas

Thanks for the share. 

Just proves what IU fans have got to look forward to.  However, not a slight  on Kristian.  Still keeping my money on TJD. 

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

He won't get drafted if he's not played. I say keep him on the bench for 3 years. Then play him.

I'm looking forward to this team.

So the one thing that the author fails to realize that as the rules stand now Lander won’t be eligible for the draft. You have to be 19 during the calendar year of the draft. So if this is a true reclassification he’s still 17 and won’t be 19 until his sophomore year. 

58 minutes ago, IUskim said:

So the one thing that the author fails to realize that as the rules stand now Lander won’t be eligible for the draft. You have to be 19 during the calendar year of the draft. So if this is a true reclassification he’s still 17 and won’t be 19 until his sophomore year. 

Depends on when his birthday is. If it's between now and Dec 31st he'd be eligible for the draft in 2021. If he already had his birthday this year then he wouldn't be eligible. I haven't been able to find out in which month is his birthday.

I have seen that he's 17 now but don't know if he turns 18 this year or next.

8 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Depends on when his birthday is. If it's between now and Dec 31st he'd be eligible for the draft in 2021. If he already had his birthday this year then he wouldn't be eligible. I haven't been able to find out in which month is his birthday.

I have seen that he's 17 now but don't know if he turns 18 this year or next.

I thought I heard that he won't be 18 until  the season is almost over so that would be 2021 so he won't be 19 until 2022 but not 100 percent sure.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Romeo to Vandy!!!

Garcia to Marquette.  Brooks to UK.  Tom Crean to be fired.  Clifton to transfer.  Garland to Vandy.  Dolson as AD.  We could go on forever.  

And with Romeo I said all along that if he announced at NA it was IU.  Tim was saying they were going to announce at the McDonald's game in Atlanta which meant not IU to me.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Garcia to Marquette.  Brooks to UK.  Tom Crean to be fired.  Clifton to transfer.  Garland to Vandy.  Dolson as AD.  We could go on forever.  

And with Romeo I said all along that if he announced at NA it was IU.  Tim was saying they were going to announce at the McDonald's game in Atlanta which meant not IU to me.

Lol whatever man. 

46 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well I told everyone that going into their junior years that it would be these guys last year at IU( Olidipo, Troy Williams, JBJ and Justin Smith.  It was just a hunch and everyone gets some things right but it does not mean we are insiders.

36 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

I believe he was born in August per Snow.

If so either his age or birth year has been reported wrong. 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought I heard someone on the radio say that he would not turn 18 until the season is almost over which would be sometime in 2021 but who knows.

Would more closely match with being 17 and born in 2003

30 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Another example of what makes us IU FANATICS so special.  Kid has not even starter his IU career and we already discussing his exit.

Plenty have had the same before him and plenty later. It's what we do I guess. Haha. Same with Romeo, Cody....shoot even Bryant/Vonleh.....of course Gordon and Jeffries.

Archived