Classics

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just noticed that the BTN is showing teams classic games and one of the Purdue's classic game is the 85 game at IU.  I don't how that is a Purdue classic game since that was the game RMK threw the chair.

Uh because they whipped our ass?

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just thinking that winning a game by 8 or 9 points does not constitute a classic game.

At IU during the Knight era, that's an ass-whuppin'.

...and the game is legendary for Bob losing his religion. I can see why Purdue fans would consider it a classic.  It's got everything they love in it.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

At IU during the Knight era, that's an ass-whuppin'.

...and the game is legendary for Bob losing his religion. I can see why Purdue fans would consider it a classic.  It's got everything they love in it.

Do they still show it on the big screen before their home games?

On 5/31/2020 at 10:23 PM, IU Scott said:

Just noticed that the BTN is showing teams classic games and one of the Purdue's classic game is the 85 game at IU.  I don't how that is a Purdue classic game since that was the game RMK threw the chair.

Their greatest accomplishment has been causing knight to lose his temper.  They don’t have much to hang their hat on

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Let me guess...TV Ted calling that game?  I honestly can't remember but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I think it was Fred Hightower that T'd Bobby up.  Before my time, but no doubt my dad had that game and the 81 and 87 championship runs on VHS and we watched them alot.

BTW TV Ted can eat dirt. 

My favorite memory is getting the 92 Final 4 game ball we won from 104.7 WITZ in Jasper, and going to Assembly Hall to get it signed.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I discuss this topic a lot but watching the games on BTN last night still makes me wonder about this.  Everyone says that how today's offense is more efficient way of running an offense but I still just don't see it.  In all 3 games which was the 1990 game at  home against UK which we won 87-84, 1993 against UM which we won 93-92, and 1987 at UM which we won 85-84.  In all of those games we did not shoot a lot of 3 pointers yet we still were able to score 85+ points in every game.  Those teams used all 3 areas of the court, inside, mid range and the 3 and were hard to guard.

To me if you just look at stats it might say shoot mainly 3's and layups but to me when you shoot mainly 3's you will not get fouled and go to the line very much.  Also if you go 11-33 from 3 that leaves 22 missed shots that could lead to long rebounds and fast break points.  To me if you cant shoot 18-33 from two and go inside it will lead to more points because you will get to line at a higher rate.

I just like to see more of a balance in your offense than what we see today. This is the kind of balance I would like to really see is like going 20-36 from 2, maybe like 7-18 from 3 and go like 18-25 from the line and that would come to 79 points.  I see teams taking 36 3's and think that is not the best way to run an offense.  Say you go 12-36 but only go like 11-24 from 2 and with shooting so many 3's you won't go to the line much.  Say you go even 12-16 from the line that would get you 70 points so to you which one is more efficient.  To me the object of basketball is to score points and it should be done if the best way.

Archived