The OFFICIAL IU versus Iowa game thread.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not harping, but Rob is the second leading scorer with 7, including 4-4 from the stripe (which includes misses when fouled). He' also our leading rebounder, from the guard spot, with 6. 

Not harping but seems like if a player misses a few shots the other contributions go unnoticed. 

You are harping....:coffee:

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not harping, but Rob is the second leading scorer with 7, including 4-4 from the stripe (which includes misses when fouled). He' also our leading rebounder, from the guard spot, with 6. 

Not harping but seems like if a player misses a few shots the other contributions go unnoticed. 

The issue is that we need him to score and hit open jumpers.  He’s doing the other stuff well, but it’s not enough.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

His follow through looks strange to me right now. He just doesn't look comfortable shooting the ball. But you're absolutely right, he's doing other things to contribute, and sometimes that's the best way to get a shooter going.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The issue is that we need him to score and hit open jumpers.  He’s doing the other stuff well, but it’s not enough.

Fair - He needs to be scoring better and consistently, like your ending comment, I'm just saying he's not getting the recognition for the other things he does -- and that's not just him, it's the same for other players when they aren't hitting shots. People tend to focus on shots, but there's a hell of a lot more to the game.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Archie with the coaching play of the game going small? 

I equate it similarly to a team switching to zone. You may not want to go to that well for long but in timely situations it can be a catalyst to changing the pace of the game and taking the other team out of their game plan. I expect to start the second half with the normal line up and Archie will pick his spots were needed 

Archived