Racial tensions

rico

Just now, IU Scott said:

Downtown Indianapolis looks like a war zone tonight with fires in the streets and windows bring busted.  Just now on the news a bunch of people are trying to bust a ATM machine.

What happen wa terrible and wrong and the police officer should be convicted of murder. Saying that what I have witnessed on the news is plain disgraceful and everyone who is protesting with violence should be held accountable.

This is just embarrassing to see people vandalizing innocent peoples property and that is disgraceful.  I get protesting and agree with the cause but this is not the best way of trying to make change.

What method would you suggest? They've tried peaceful protest, they've tried voting, so what should they do?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KoB2011 said:

What method would you suggest? They've tried peaceful protest, they've tried voting, so what should they do?

So what is this type of protest going to change.  How is destroying your community a good way to try to get a change.

The news newsman had been right downtown where everything is going on and I know it is there job but it is to dangerous for them.  The police is shooting the smoke bombs and people are throwing things at them.  One time right in front of the cameras you saw some idiots throwing rocks at cop cars.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The news newsman had been right downtown where everything is going on and I know it is there job but it is to dangerous for them.  The police is shooting the smoke bombs and people are throwing things at them.  One time right in front of the cameras you saw some idiots throwing rocks at cop cars.

Throw a rock at a cop in a middle of riot..... geeeeeeesh. SMART 

Also earlier in the day they had a peaceful protest organized by people who were doing it the right way.  It started at 4 and finished at 7 without any problems.  The people who are out there now is not really out there to protest but are out there to be destructive.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So what is this type of protest going to change.  How is destroying your community a good way to try to get a change.

First of all, the destroying of communities was started by white supremacists and the cops escalating the peaceful protest. 

Second, I'll ask again, what other option do they have? Even in this thread, we still have several members lamenting peaceful protest efforts for this very issue. It's almost like for many of you it's not how they're protesting, it's that they're protesting. I mean black people don't have to suffer through slavery so what is there to complain about, am I right?

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So you can't answer the question?

Thats seriously your response? Goodness.  This isn't an option. Whatever you wanna list as possibilities, this isn't one of them. They're really going to make things bad for themselves. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Thats seriously your response? Goodness.  This isn't an option. Whatever you wanna list as possibilities, this isn't one of them. They're really going to make things bad for themselves. 

Yes, my response is to ask what other method would you prefer? I mean you have openly bashed peaceful protest attempts for this issue in this thread. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Yes, my response is to ask what other method would you prefer? I mean you have openly bashed peaceful protest attempts for this issue in this thread. 

Haven't bashed a single protest. Smh. Waste of time. Your tone with this is truly revealing. Deuces. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

First of all, the destroying of communities was started by white supremacists and the cops escalating the peaceful protest. 

Second, I'll ask again, what other option do they have? Even in this thread, we still have several members lamenting peaceful protest efforts for this very issue. It's almost like for many of you it's not how they're protesting, it's that they're protesting. I mean black people don't have to suffer through slavery so what is there to complain about, am I right?

If rioting is effective then why had all the riots not changed a thing.  What needs to change is the hiring process for policeman and get all bad cops out.  I watch alot of crime shows and you see a lot of bad cops trying to interview potential suspects.  We need an overhaul of the criminal justice system and have better way of hiring cops.

Just now, btownqb said:

Haven't bashed a single protest. Smh. Waste of time. Your tone with this is truly revealing. Deuces. 

You did, you bashed Kaep peaceful protesting then lied about why he got blackballed despite an NFL exec saying otherwise. 

Yes, my tone is that of an ally to black people. Yours is that of the opposite. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

If rioting is effective then why had all the riots not changed a thing.  What needs to change is the hiring process for policeman and get all bad cops out.  I watch alot of crime shows and you see a lot of bad cops trying to interview potential suspects.  We need an overhaul of the criminal justice system and have better way of hiring cops.

Because it's been like two days?

Just now, IU Scott said:

Several riots and protests have changed things, historically, FYI. It's actually one of the most proven methods for effective large scale change. 

The reason for that, is those in power are never convinced to give it up without these methods. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You did, you bashed Kaep peaceful protesting then lied about why he got blackballed despite an NFL exec saying otherwise. 

Yes, my tone is that of an ally to black people. Yours is that of the opposite. 

Again.. its revealing you think that. I didn't lie about a damn thing. Don't tell me I lied when I didnt at all. You're full of it. 

There's nothing peaceful about wearing socks that have cops as pigs on them. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Peaceful protest is great and I would be right there with them.  These people who is rioting are not part of the black lives matter organization.  They are just hurting the.progress that the peaceful protest organization is trying to bring.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Because it's been like two days?

But we have seen riots for years in LA, St. Louis and Florida yet we are still see the same problems in this country.  If rioting works and causes change then we would not keep seeing these same things happening.

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Open fire.  What else is left?  

Makes me sad that we are experiencing the worst time in America since 1968, but I'm ready and willing to fight if needed.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

But we have seen riots for years in LA, St. Louis and Florida yet we are still see the same problems in this country.  If rioting works and causes change then we would not keep seeing these same things happening.

But rioting doesn't work.  This crap is pushed by billionaires, George Soros, and owned media.  We are being spoon fed the extreme when 90% of us exist in the middle. 

Archived