Racial tensions

rico

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see a source posted so take it FWIW

Far from destroying the black body, whites are the overwhelming target of interracial violence. Between 2012 and 2015, blacks committed 85.5 percent of all black-white interracial violent victimizations (excluding interracial homicide, which is also disproportionately black-on-white). That works out to 540,360 felonious assaults on whites. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Blue there is no way to tread lightly, I'm literally stating a fact that just happened. There is no way to not talk about the President ordering peaceful protesters being hit with chemical weapons. 

Or how about we just don’t and nothing gets deleted? Not that hard....... You went against their wishes and tried provoking people to target them. Just stop trying to justify it and listen to the mods!

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Blue there is no way to tread lightly, I'm literally stating a fact that just happened. There is no way to not talk about the President ordering peaceful protesters being hit with chemical weapons. 

You know the difference. Post a link, say it disgusts you etc.

Calling the president, or anybody else, a traitor? This is not the place. Its a fine line. But one I expect you, of all people, to know and respect 

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

You know the difference. Post a link, say it disgusts you etc.

Calling the president, or anybody else, a traitor? This is not the place. Its a fine line. But one I expect you, of all people, to know and respect 

I posted a link and you deleted it. I'll make two separate statements; the President of the Untied States ordered chemical weapons to be used against peaceful protesters.

Anyone that supports the use of chemical weapons against American citizens, be that an American or a member of ISIS, can kick rocks. 

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Or how about we just don’t and nothing gets deleted? Not that hard....... You went against their wishes and tried provoking people to target them. Just stop trying to justify it and listen to the mods!

How do you suggest we talk about protesting and not include the key fact that the President had chemical weapons used on the peaceful protesters? I'm sorry if it makes people uncomfortable but it's a pretty uncomfortable fact. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I posted a link and you deleted it. I'll make two separate statements; the President of the Untied States ordered chemical weapons to be used against peaceful protesters.

Anyone that supports the use of chemical weapons against American citizens, be that an American or a member of ISIS, can kick rocks. 

You are welcome to repost the link. I did not delete the post because of the link. It was the commentary you added, knowing it waswas gonna blow this attempt and reasonable discourse to shreds.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

How do you suggest we talk about protesting and not include the key fact that the President had chemical weapons used on the peaceful protesters? I'm sorry if it makes people uncomfortable but it's a pretty uncomfortable fact. 

I totally understand, but just stating that discussing stuff like that can lead to some posting that the mods don’t want here. They aren’t being over the top, but preventative. I’ve known some of these guys for over 10 years and helped moderate with them, you won’t find any better mods! 

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I totally understand, but just stating that discussing stuff like that can lead to some posting that the mods don’t want here. They aren’t being over the top, but preventative. I’ve known some of these guys for over 10 years and helped moderate with them, you won’t find any better mods! 

I've known them that long, too, and didn't leave the board and allow it to get trashed. But allowing race baiting posts to stay up and posts about shooting teenagers to stay up, but not a post that states a fact is problematic. 

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

This article is a few years old but relevant in light of current events. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html

" when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota."

I've read that study before. I've been thinking about it a lot recently and it's a great conversation piece to introduce here. Kudos to you for tracking it down.

It remember it was interesting because he concluded there was bias in terms of other forceful encounters - being shoved to the ground or pepper sprayed - but when it came to lethal force - the part you highlight - he found no significant difference/bias with whites. It's been a while and I don't recall a lot of specifics. I also recall doing some further poking around about it and finding some questioning of elements of the research. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I've known them that long, too, and didn't leave the board and allow it to get trashed. But allowing race baiting posts to stay up and posts about shooting teenagers to stay up, but not a post that states a fact is problematic. 

But that’s your opinion, and that’s it. Just like it’s my opinion, and that’s it. You have a very strong belief system in what you feel is right, nothing wrong with that. But you are not always right and if the mods want to keep it the way they feel is best, then why keep pushing your agenda? I can tell you (and some others) can’t stand being wrong. Let the mods do their thing and lets adhere to them because we are guests here.

So here's a question...

The officer is in custody, charged with 3rd degree murder...

What would put a stop to the violence? Peaceful protests can go on forever...but if you want real change for the better in this country, you're not going to even get people to the table until the violence stops...

Until then, the people perpetrating the violence are simply undermining the cause they are supposedly supporting...

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

It was tear gas. Chemical weapons- HA! Way to try and inflame a topic. I highly doubt the President ordered it. Perhaps the Secret Service. The announcer said the police ordered it. Tear gas has been used all over for years. If the rioters would have dispersed when ordered, it would not have been necessary.  Police use tear gas across the street from the White house would have been a much more accurate description. Lets not purposely distort the facts here. It doesn't help your argument. 

And then it happened again when he needed his photo op holding a Bible before he turned and didn't enter the church.

The President can control that, he can be a strong leader and say let the peaceful protesters peacefully protest and even go as far as to meet with them and hear them out. Instead he chose to allow chemical weapons to be used against them. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

So here's a question...

The officer is in custody, charged with 3rd degree murder...

What would put a stop to the violence? Peaceful protests can go on forever...but if you want real change for the better in this country, you're not going to even get people to the table until the violence stops...

Until then, the people perpetrating the violence are simply undermining the cause they are supposedly supporting...

Well police to stop assaulting innocent people would help.  And maybe arrest the other 3 officers.  

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And then it happened again when he needed his photo op holding a Bible before he turned and didn't enter the church.

The President can control that, he can be a strong leader and say let the peaceful protesters peacefully protest and even go as far as to meet with them and hear them out. Instead he chose to allow chemical weapons to be used against them. 

Watch the press conference. No such thing was said about peaceful protesters.

All,

This is seriously, and sadly, about to get shut down.

Regardless of your "side" we are drawing the line at blatant politics. Meaning "Trump hates babies. Biden is a child molestor".

I know this is challenging. But everybody here has been part OF HSN long enough too know the culture.

So think before you post. Debate in a way that honors ehat we have built, not tear it down.

I willcshut this down before it divides us as IU fans and the HSN community.

We ALL know how to tread here.  Do not play games.

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well police to stop assaulting innocent people would help.  And maybe arrest the other 3 officers.  

As far as the other 3 goes, I'm sure they're calculating charges that they think they can get a conviction on...

If there's a clear case of a police officer or any military personnel assaulting innocent people, charges should be brought...and I'm sure they will be...but that gate swings both ways...

So, after that the violence stops?

Archived