Racial tensions

rico

Yeah.  Just because the other 3 officers have not been charged does not mean they won't be.  I expect they are conducting an investigation to ensure that when they are charged, it's for the right level of offense.  

As a general rule, patience is your friend

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mentioned previously. The prosecutor in Minneapolis said that it was an ongoing investigation and that he wanted to get the most dangerous guy off the streets immediately. Does not mean that they are done 

They were arresting a guy for suspicion of forgery. You telling me that can’t arrest somebody for suspicion of murder?  

Organized protesting going on in Bloomington. Not exactly peaceful as there are videos of spray painting the BPD building. I’m impressed by the class and IQ of the chants. “F—Donald _______”. “F— the system”. “Our street”. “ F—Donald ______ and his mama”. 

SMH

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They were arresting a guy for suspicion of forgery. You telling me that can’t arrest somebody for suspicion of murder?  

They are not going to charge the other 3 cops with murder.  Would never get a conviction for that.  

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They are not going to charge the other 3 cops with murder.  Would never get a conviction for that.  

Dodged the point there. They were arresting a Floyd for suspicion of fraud. There’s no reason they can’t arrest those 3 officers for suspicion of (insert charge here)

18 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Oh I have one better than that. This apparently was in Fayetteville NC couple nights ago. I have a couple friends in that area that are police and fire that confirmed the location.

And after she gets out of the burn unit, she should face arson charges, right @Brass Cannon

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So here's a question...

The officer is in custody, charged with 3rd degree murder...

What would put a stop to the violence? Peaceful protests can go on forever...but if you want real change for the better in this country, you're not going to even get people to the table until the violence stops...

Until then, the people perpetrating the violence are simply undermining the cause they are supposedly supporting...

Agreed except I would only change one thing, I feel most protestors want peaceful protests to bring change. It’s the few that are ruining it for everyone. You aren’t wrong at all, but feel most protestors want this done right.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Dodged the point there. They were arresting a Floyd for suspicion of fraud. There’s no reason they can’t arrest those 3 officers for suspicion of (insert charge here)

Depends. If they were arresting the 3 to appease the protesters, absolutely not. If they have solid evidence to bring charges, then yes.

Like it or not, there is a political aspect to this that has to be handled. There’s a powerful police union that will have input. The D. A. office will have to maintain a good working relationship with the police in the future. Unsubstantiated charges won’t foster that relationship.

This isn’t the same as charging one guy suspected of passing off bogus money. You know that. I agree that justice needs to be served, and I have faith in the process. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So here's a question...

The officer is in custody, charged with 3rd degree murder...

What would put a stop to the violence? Peaceful protests can go on forever...but if you want real change for the better in this country, you're not going to even get people to the table until the violence stops...

Until then, the people perpetrating the violence are simply undermining the cause they are supposedly supporting...

I’m not sure the people perpetrating the violence and the the people supporting a worthy cause are the same people. In some cases, sure, but definitely not in all of these riots/looting. 

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Military helicopter flying over peaceful protesters in our nation's capital. 

In Louisville, every night the protest starts peacefully.  Every night, after dark, it gets ugly.  Yes, it's a small percentage of protestors, but it gets ugly nonetheless.  

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Military helicopter flying over peaceful protesters in our nation's capital. 

You are surely a smart dude.  This isn't the first time government layed down the heavy hand. Look up the whiskey rebellion led by George Washington.  Harper's ferry, jim brown insurrection, Japanese internment camps, Chinese trans Pacific railroad, how we treated the Irish, the response to the bonus army...

The US government has been treating us like shit for 200 years. 

Your chemical warfare argument, been there, done that. 

Ever heard of the 60's? Kent St?  

Tear gas is NOT chemical warfare.  Get a grip. 

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

You are surely a smart dude.  This isn't the first time government layed down the heavy hand. Look up the whiskey rebellion led by George Washington.  Harper's ferry, jim brown insurrection, Japanese internment camps, Chinese trans Pacific railroad, how we treated the Irish, the response to the bonus army...

The US government has been treating us like shit for 200 years. 

Your chemical warfare argument, been there, done that. 

Ever heard of the 60's? Kent St?  

Tear gas is NOT chemical warfare.  Get a grip. 

Yes, I'm a very intelligent person. 

Are you seriously defending all of those actions?

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, I'm a very intelligent person. 

Are you seriously defending all of those actions?

No I'm not. I'm just saying this response isn't unprecedented and goes back to the founders.  

Tear gas is not a chemical weapon in the way you intend to portray is. To me it is a last resort as it is flammable.  

Deploying troops on American citizens is the last thing I want.

But some places, like around me, are peaceful, but others are burning down businesses, police precincts, setting home, and cars on fire.  

If you cant differentiate between a peaceful protest which I wholeheartedly support, and destruction of property and assault on innocent people, I dont know how to proceed.

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

No I'm not. I'm just saying this response isn't unprecedented and goes back to the founders.  

Tear gas is not a chemical weapon in the way you intend to portray is. To me it is a last resort as it is flammable.  

Deploying troops on American citizens is the last thing I want.

But some places, like around me, are peaceful, but others are burning down businesses, police precincts, setting home, and cars on fire.  

If you cant differentiate between a peaceful protest which I wholeheartedly support, and destruction of property and assault on innocent people, I dont know how to proceed.

So because it's happened before means it is okay now?

Teargas is a chemical weapons, what else would you classify it as? 

48 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So because it's happened before means it is okay now?

Teargas is a chemical weapons, what else would you classify it as? 

Tear gas is a temporary irritant to the eyes and sinuses  

It's not a chemical weapon.  Look up vx2 nerve agent which I actually worked on disposal of an tell me about chemical warfare, or not.

Tear gas isn't that potent 

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Tear gas is a temporary irritant to the eyes and sinuses  

It's not a chemical weapon.  Look up vx2 nerve agent which I actually worked on disposal of an tell me about chemical warfare, or not.

Tear gas ain't shit. 

Just because you don't find it to be potent doesn't change what it is. 

Archived