Racial tensions

rico

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Just because you don't find it to be potent doesn't change what it is. 

I spent a month at the the Umatilla Army Depot outside of Hermiston, Oregon in 2005 disposing of VX2 nerve agent, I know what I'm talking about.  Tear gas is nothing compared to that. 

The government is not using chemical weapons. 

Look it up. 

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

FB_IMG_1591067769565.jpg

LISTEN, you are putting the words into posters mouth’s to prove your point. Everyone on here has discussed how this is a tragedy and there needs to be changed. Just because you don’t agree with some of us gives you no right to keep acting the way you are. You May think you are some incredible intelligent person but you are no better than any of us. Stop putting words into what people are saying and twisting things around to for your agenda. I could care less what view you have on the matter, but stop twisting things around. You are just doing it so you can look right and be better than us.

Sorry Mods, just getting very tired of people posting like this to try to prove their point and make themselves look like they are smarter and better. 

4 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Hey Mile,

We have been doing drive in church in the parking lot. It’s been awesome to still be able to come together, but stay in the vehicles (or sit by them) to keep social distancing. Our church has everyone park every other spot to ensure these rules.

We do a livestream on FB too, so you can see live jamming on the bass :) lol. Our audio quality has been pretty poor the last couple Sundays though...... 

Neat. Unique way to attend services.   I suggest your pastor look into zoom.  Quality is superb.  And can converse both before and after services.  In the end. I was just happy that you are able to attend. 

Haven’t had time to read back through the multiple pages but am going to echo a simple point Blue made earlier.

Everyone here needs to stay away from the politics stuff. 

We recognize that can be a hard line at times to draw because the opinions people have on the police and rioting are often in part a reflection of a person’s political leanings — but a couple simple points

1) don’t play cute. we’re not stupid. It’s pretty clear to all when you’re dressing up a point to push a political narrative (either “side” of the fence). Don’t do that here. We’re not inclined to put up with it. If you can’t control yourself then don’t post in this thread.

2) the big picture here is what is important - none of us want to see cops killing an unarmed man on the ground, grossly abusing the power they hold as cops, and thinking it’s ok - doing it in broad daylight. This could happen to someone you know or a family member etc. These are real people caught up in systemic police brutality. Something needs to change and now. 

So if we’re going to leave this thread up come at It with the recognition that, I think, we agree on that, and we can disagree about how to address these societal problems without lashing out at each other. 
I’m not outside that point, I am so disgusted with the cops and the systemic problems that I’ve lashed out a bit in this thread — that’s on me — but it ends now.
Talk respectfully, appreciate the community we have here - a bunch of good peeps who love IU basketball whether or not we agree, and cut the BS cute dressed up politicking, or don’t post in this thread 

Archived