Racial tensions

rico

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If the y come inside your business and are stealing your stuff then you have the right to protect your property.  Last night in LA they were showing people busting windows of a shoe store and people going inside the business.  They had weapons to break the windows do once they stepped inside the owner has the right to protect their stuff.

No you don’t 

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/local/george-floyd/minn-law-wont-excuse-killing-to-protect-property/89-acc4070f-98dc-49ba-b8d5-625b4d99a6ec

Other states are similar 

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Kind of funny that the same people in this topic that are saying the protesters are in the wrong because they are breaking the law are simultaneously the ones acting like the law doesn’t apply to them. 

Peaceful protest are great and should be applauded.  The people who are starting the riots are not protesters but people who just wants to start trouble.  Those people are breaking the laws by destroying properties and vandalizing.  Once those people walk inside your business then the business owner has every right to protect their selves.

32 minutes ago, rico said:

The hell I will.

Listen, if you want to "give away" your stuff or let your car, house, or buildings go up in fire that is your business.

But I choose to protect all that is mine.

Get a clue Rico. The law applies to you, just like everyone else. You don’t get to use deadly force to defend personal property generally and absolutely not business property. Again, if you’re defending yourself - guy threatens you - that’s self defense. Stand in front of your ship and shoot anyone who breaks in, and you’re a murder. 
this whole ridiculous man up, loon at me I’m such a man I can shoot people outlook is absurd 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wait, you’re a lawyer and you’re posting this drivel? seriously? Have fun in jail. You don’t get to defend personal property with deadly force. And you ignored, again, the starting point here - guy stands in his shop with his shotgun waiting to shoot anyone who breaks in. Just stupid - no, you don’t get to play cops and robbers. 

How do you know what these looters would do once inside your business.  It is obvious that they had weapons so these business owners are definitely in personal danger.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If the y come inside your business and are stealing your stuff then you have the right to protect your property.  Last night in LA they were showing people busting windows of a shoe store and people going inside the business.  They had weapons to break the windows do once they stepped inside the owner has the right to protect their stuff.

I’m going to have to just let this crap go as it’s clear you’re not listening. No, you don’t have the “right” to shoot people to protect property. You have the right to defend yourself and others. Big distinction but apparently lost here. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Get a clue Rico. The law applies to you, just like everyone else. You don’t get to use deadly force to defend personal property generally and absolutely not business property. Again, if you’re defending yourself - guy threatens you - that’s self defense. Stand in front of your ship and shoot anyone who breaks in, and you’re a murder. 
this whole ridiculous man up, loon at me I’m such a man I can shoot people outlook is absurd 

But those business owners are in personal danger once looters enters their business with weapon's.  It is obvious what their attentions are when they are breaking into businesses and that is to cause harm to anyone who gets in their way.  Last night in Indy there were numerous shootings with one killed.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

How do you know what these looters would do once inside your business.  It is obvious that they had weapons so these business owners are definitely in personal danger.

No it’s not obvious they had weapons. Way to generalize - you’re now looking for an excuse based on self defense, or fear. I’ve just described basic well-settled law. You can defend yourself or family etc. You don’t get to play cops and shoot people who are stealing from you. That’s why we have cops. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I’m going to have to just let this crap go as it’s clear you’re not listening. No, you don’t have the “right” to shoot people to protect property. You have the right to defend yourself and others. Big distinction but apparently lost here. 

What you are not getting is that the business owners are in personal danger then he had every right to protect himself.  You think the people who are looting would give a rats ass if they hurt the owners if they got in their way.

Just now, IU Scott said:

What you are not getting is that the business owners are in personal danger then he had every right to protect himself.  You think the people who are looting would give a rats ass if they hurt the owners if they got in their way.

Not according to the law. Your a public defenders worse nightmare lol

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wait, you’re a lawyer and you’re posting this drivel? seriously? Have fun in jail. You don’t get to defend personal property with deadly force. And you ignored, again, the starting point here - guy stands in his shop with his shotgun waiting to shoot anyone who breaks in. Just stupid - no, you don’t get to play cops and robbers. 

You're literally telling me the shop owners should just smile and wave as their entire life savings gets taken?

unnamed.jpg

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No it’s not obvious they had weapons. Way to generalize - you’re now looking for an excuse based on self defense, or fear. I’ve just described basic well-settled law. You can defend yourself or family etc. You don’t get to play cops and shoot people who are stealing from you. That’s why we have cops. 

Dude I watch it on TV and saw guys with baseball bats bashing in windows.  Are you saying a bat is not a weapon

Also IMPD said that they saw guys with guns even during the peaceful protest and the cops did nothing about those weapons.  It wasn't until later that stuff got out of hand when the looters came and they had no intentions in just protesting.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So, if I break into your house in the middle of the night, but only to steal the TV, and you shoot me and I die, you are the one in the wrong?  

8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I can defend my personal property with a firearm councilor...that is all I ever said.  You get a clue.

Just now, IU Scott said:

No scott, what you are not getting is that you don’t get to make up facts to justify shooting someone. Again for the tenth time, if someone is acting in self defense they have the right to respond to it.
The only IF relevant to your made up facts if a person who responds with deadly force had a reasonable belief that they were in danger justifying the use of deadly force. 

Agsin you’re grossly generalizing and that’s not how it works. There are all kinds of looters. News flash most are unarmed. They just run into a store and steal. You don’t get to shoot them. It’s a sad testament to where things stand that you and others think you do. Killing over property theft is murder. Period 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No scott, what you are not getting is that you don’t get to make up facts to justify shooting someone. Again for the tenth time, if someone is acting in self defense they have the right to respond to it.
The only IF relevant to your made up facts if a person who responds with deadly force had a reasonable belief that they were in danger justifying the use of deadly force. 

Agsin you’re grossly generalizing and that’s not how it works. There are all kinds of looters. News flash most are unarmed. They just run into a store and steal. You don’t get to shoot them. It’s a sad testament to where things stand that you and others think you do. Killing over property theft is murder. Period 

So what is the difference if someone comes into your house to only still your property. So do you have to wait until the robbers show a weapon, no you don't so why is any different when someone comes into your business.

I truly believe a business owner should have the right to protect themselves and the looters should not have a free reign over the city.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Dude I watch it on TV and saw guys with baseball bats bashing in windows.  Are you saying a bat is not a weapon

Also IMPD said that they saw guys with guns even during the peaceful protest and the cops did nothing about those weapons.  It wasn't until later that stuff got out of hand when the looters came and they had no intentions in just protesting.

Dude, there is all kinds of looting going on. You’re just wrong here. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

House is different than business 

So the address is the difference maker?

This discussion reminds me of a time I went hunting in Alaska.  My buddy and I were going to be out in the wild for 7 days.  We stopped in to see the game warden before we went out to let them know where we would be and for any advice.  The gw reminded us that is was illegal for us to shoot a bear unless it was threatening our lives.  If it wanted our meat our our food we were expected to give it up.  As we walked out, my friend, who was terribly afraid of bears. said, "if I can see it, it's threatening my life".

Archived