'79 Holiday Bowl to be on BTN

57 minutes ago, rico said:

1st time I ever seen the Hoosiers play football on TV.

I'm actually go try and watch this one. Didn't get to see many IU football games growing up on TV....in fact I honestly don't remember seeing any until the magical 87 season.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm actually go try and watch this one. Didn't get to see many IU football games growing up on TV....in fact I honestly don't remember seeing any until the magical 87 season.

I am thinking IU made a bowl in '86.  Seem to recall watching them play Florida St.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I am thinking IU made a bowl in '86.  Seem to recall watching them play Florida St.

They did but I don't think it was on tv...at least not on the Big 3 networks at the time. I don't think ESPN could doing college football games until 84/85?? Would have to check but I still don't think I can remember getting an IU football game in Illinois until the Ohio St/Michigan wins in 87.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They did but I don't think it was on tv...at least not on the Big 3 networks at the time. I don't think ESPN could doing college football games until 84/85?? Would have to check but I still don't think I can remember getting an IU football game in Illinois until the Ohio St/Michigan wins in 87.

I looked it up...IU/FSU was on TBS.

Archived