How patient should IUBB fans be ? Before Archie gets a National Championship. 14.9 Years ?

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its all about seeding and luck.
If you can consistently be in the top 3 seeds in the tourney and pull a little luck, you're going to have a shot a NC

That requires IU to be in the top3 of the B1G every year AND have a solid to tough Non-Con schedule.  Can't have a 200 level Non-Con and expect to get a top seed
We need a better balance of both.

JMO

Completely agree. My criteria for measuring IU has always been to compete consistently for Big Ten Titles. That doesn't mean I expect IU to win the conference every year, that's not realistic, but I want IU in the discussion consistently and winning it every few years, as well as mixing in some BTT Finals apperances and championships. At the end of the day while we were all frustrated with the Syracuse loss in 2013, Tom Crean's problem wasn't how 2013 or 2016 ended, his problems were 2014, 2015 and 2017. 

At IU, you can't compete for the conference title once every 4 years with the other years being simply fighting for a tourney spot or missing it all together. While Izzo has fallen short in the Final Four most times, what has him in so many Final Fours is that he's always competing for Big Ten Titles, so he always has high seeds in the tournament, and the tournament is about high seed "at bats". Get enough and eventually you'll break through.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. My criteria for measuring IU has always been to compete consistently for Big Ten Titles. That doesn't mean I expect IU to win the conference every year, that's not realistic, but I want IU in the discussion consistently and winning it every few years, as well as mixing in some BTT Finals apperances and championships. At the end of the day while we were all frustrated with the Syracuse loss in 2013, Tom Crean's problem wasn't how 2013 or 2016 ended, his problems were 2014, 2015 and 2017. 

At IU, you can't compete for the conference title once every 4 years with the other years being simply fighting for a tourney spot or missing it all together. While Izzo has fallen short in the Final Four most times, what has him in so many Final Fours is that he's always competing for Big Ten Titles, so he always has high seeds in the tournament, and the tournament is about high seed "at bats". Get enough and eventually you'll break through.

I agree and forgot.  We need to figure out how to compete better in the BTT.  Getting bounced in the first or second round every year is disheartening and doesn't help with our seeding for the NCAA.

And recruiting will follow the upward trend of conference titles and deep runs in the tourney

Archived