Iowa Post Game Thread

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He needs to destroy the rim dunking while getting fouled.  I am sure it will come but i was expecting more of it this year.  Maybe he is a 4 year guy and we will see this his Senior year.

He simply can't though. He doesn't have the lift. I don't mean it as a bash of De'Ron, he just simply doesn't have the athleticism. He's 6'10" and literally can barely dunk. He definitely put a ton of work in over the summer and remade his body, but the one thing I don't buy even remotely is the talk that he increased his vertical 8 inches. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Add to it, that if Yogi was 6'4" instead of 5'10" he would have left after his sophomore year too. The only reason Yogi played 4 years at IU is because NBA teams typically don't draft 5'10" point guards in the first round unless they're otherworldly. 

We should recruit more 5'10" players.... if that is the sole reason why they stay at IU for four years. Somewhat sarcastic, and somewhat serious.  Gracie Allen could have gone pro after last year, but decided to stay, because as he said, he enjoys the experience of being in college. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

We should recruit more 5'10" players.... if that is the sole reason why they stay at IU for four years. Somewhat sarcastic, and somewhat serious.  Gracie Allen could have gone pro after last year, but decided to stay, because as he said, he enjoys the experience of being in college. 

And after tripping 3 people and acting like a child, his draft stock dropped alot :)

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

How did Castle's Jack Nunge look for Iowa?  Is he another one of those quality Indiana kids that Crean let slip away?

Right now he looks like a 6'11 shooting guard who hangs around the 3 point line. He is playing the small forward and had Johnson on him most of the game and never tried to post him up.

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

How did Castle's Jack Nunge look for Iowa?  Is he another one of those quality Indiana kids that Crean let slip away?

Looked pretty damn good to me.  Was Iowa’s second leading scorer with 12 points and 6 rebounds on 4-8 from the field and 2-4 from three.  He has good size and can shoot the ball, not bad on defense either.  Would be nice to have a big like him on our team this season.

I've accepted as a fact of life that there will always be Indiana boys at other schools that will come and haunt us every year.  It's as predictable as can be.  Some are guys that are not great fits for what we do but are good in other systems.  Others are redundant to our existing roster and we have priorities elsewhere.  Some do not want to come to IU for whatever reason.  And, some are whiffs by our staff.

I think Archie will whiff less often here because of his "inside-out" recruiting strategy.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Davis has this in his head now so it will be a struggle to him it corrected.  It is all about confidence and it is apparent he has no confidence right now.

Yes, agree. He's not a bad FT shooter, has to be mental and/or combination of mental and needing to tweak something after strength training. 

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I've accepted as a fact of life that there will always be Indiana boys at other schools that will come and haunt us every year.  It's as predictable as can be.  Some are guys that are not great fits for what we do but are good in other systems.  Others are redundant to our existing roster and we have priorities elsewhere.  Some do not want to come to IU for whatever reason.  And, some are whiffs by our staff.

I think Archie will whiff less often here because of his "inside-out" recruiting strategy.

Really well stated.

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I posted several times on the other board that Crean give this kid a look while he was at Castle. He comes from a great family and a kid that you'd be happy to have on your team, ala Colin Hartman.....

Other board?  There's only one IU board.  

Archived