Luke Combs

anyone else just religiously listen to him? 

I lift 5-6 times a week and always listen to music. Most of those days I just out LC on shuffle on Spotify and just leave it. I was going to The Country Music Fest in Canton Ohio in 3 weeks, but of course it got moved to the middle of August and no way I can take that time off with football and school, LC was going to be there. Sigh. 

Anyone else obsessed with LC? 

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

anyone else just religiously listen to him? 

I lift 5-6 times a week and always listen to music. Most of those days I just out LC on shuffle on Spotify and just leave it. I was going to The Country Music Fest in Canton Ohio in 3 weeks, but of course it got moved to the middle of August and no way I can take that time off with football and school, LC was going to be there. Sigh. 

Anyone else obsessed with LC? 

Really like his music. Wife and i went to his concert earlier this year.  Great time. I ain't going nowhere is 1 of 2 songs that I remember exact moment I heard it for the first time. Brings tears to my eyes because I lost my father when I was a senior in high school and it also makes me think about life without my kids or their lives without me. Luke Combs, Garth Brooks,  mellencamp, eminem and a few others I stop the dial if any of their songs are on

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Really like his music. Wife and i went to his concert earlier this year.  Great time. I ain't going nowhere is 1 of 2 songs that I remember exact moment I heard it for the first time. Brings tears to my eyes because I lost my father when I was a senior in high school and it also makes me think about life without my kids or their lives without me. Luke Combs, Garth Brooks,  mellencamp, eminem and a few others I stop the dial if any of their songs are on

I'm with you. Love it. 

Houston We Got a Problem is way up there for me. 

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm with you. Love it. 

Houston We Got a Problem is way up there for me. 

One of my former students Dustin Huff was roommates with Luke in Nashville when they were both writing songs. 

Beautiful Crazy and 1 number away hit me in the soft spots. Refreshing topic under the circumstances.  Thanks for starting it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

One of my former students Dustin Huff was roommates with Luke in Nashville when they were both writing songs. 

Beautiful Crazy and 1 number away hit me in the soft spots. Refreshing topic under the circumstances.  Thanks for starting it

He and Eric Church are far and away #1 and #2 for me. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

One of the many things I love about Hoosier Sports Nation.  Is the many things I have learned over the years... on a wide amount of topics.

Gotta admit. Until this thread. I had no idea who Luke Combs was. 

Thanks for introducing me to him, btown.

Luke Combs - Without You (Unreleased Original) 

Believe you'll enjoy him. He and Chris Young are probably two of my favorites, love their strong voices. 

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

One of the many things I love about Hoosier Sports Nation.  Is the many things I have learned over the years... on a wide amount of topics.

Gotta admit. Until this thread. I had no idea who Luke Combs was. 

Thanks for introducing me to him, btown.

Luke Combs - Without You (Unreleased Original) 

Mile i think you will like this one 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was not a big Eric Church fan but he has grown on me. 

Another song I love to hear is God is Great beer is good and people are crazy. Keep looking for that old man but cant seem to find him

Check out, Sinners Like Me, Chief, and Carolina. Those are first 3 albums. Listen to the songs that weren't on the radio, you might enjoy him a little more. Worth your time in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Check out, Sinners Like Me, Chief, and Carolina. Those are first 3 albums. Listen to the songs that weren't on the radio, you might enjoy him a little more. Worth your time in my opinion. 

Luke combs has grown on me some.  Loved those 3 Eric Church albums you mentioned, hit or miss for awhile, but his new one is pretty good. Really like the song Some of It, maybe because being a little older the lyrics just make sense.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Believe you'll enjoy him. He and Chris Young are probably two of my favorites, love their strong voices. 

Went and saw Chris Young at the Houston Rodeo this year 3 days before they closed it due to the virus...

I'm not a big country music fan, my wife is, but I enjoyed it...only song I knew was "Raised on Country."

IMG_20200309_211913.jpg

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not to derail this thread but I would have never guessed you to be an Eminem fan. That’s awesome. 

27 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Not to derail this thread but I would have never guessed you to be an Eminem fan. That’s awesome. 

In all honesty he would be at or near the top of my list of artists. Ayden has rapped a couple times at school talent show under the name Slim Ady.  Clean versions for him of course. Metallica and Eminem were my go to as a player and coach pre game