Luke Combs

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

In all honesty he would be at or near the top of my list of artists. Ayden has rapped a couple times at school talent show under the name Slim Ady.  Clean versions for him of course. Metallica and Eminem were my go to as a player and coach pre game 

Last response on this so I don’t hijack the thread but that’s awesome. Slim Ady love that. Eminem is one of my favorite artists as well. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, bluegrassIU said:

Isn't real talent refreshing? 

Another relatively unknown talent is a young man named Seth Cook. He is from Yorktown, Indiana and is slowly making a name for himself. His parents are musicians and go by the name of Cook and Bell.

Seth had opened for several top named country singers like Vince Gill and had toured with Brett Young.

Seth is not only an outstanding musical talent he is also a great person. 

Edited by jefftheref

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

In all honesty he would be at or near the top of my list of artists. Ayden has rapped a couple times at school talent show under the name Slim Ady.  Clean versions for him of course. Metallica and Eminem were my go to as a player and coach pre game 

So cool. Even though I have never met Ayden I love that young man. On my bucket list is one these times I am traveling to Knoxville to see my son I am going to stop and meet Shane and Ayden.

It might take me a year or so but it will happen .

32 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

So cool. Even though I have never met Ayden I love that young man. On my bucket list is one these times I am traveling to Knoxville to see my son I am going to stop and meet Shane and Ayden.

It might take me a year or so but it will happen .

That would be awesome.  That little boy never ceases to amaze me. 

Hope you are recovering well from surgery 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

That would be awesome.  That little boy never ceases to amaze me. 

Hope you are recovering well from surgery 

I am doing great. Had to spend a night in the hospital due to excessive bleeding. Woke up this morning with zero pain for the first time in over a year. I even slept on my right side last night which I haven't been able to do in  a long time.

My got home about 11 this morning and right now I am on the bed doing my required exercises with zero pain or discomfort. Unbelievable!

Ayden was my inspiration through this. Whenever I would get discouraged with things I always thought of him and your family. I look forward to meeting both you and him and treating you guys to lunch at Ayden's favorite place to eat.

Thanks for being an inspiration to me.

Jeff

24 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am doing great. Had to spend a night in the hospital due to excessive bleeding. Woke up this morning with zero pain for the first time in over a year. I even slept on my right side last night which I haven't been able to do in  a long time.

My got home about 11 this morning and right now I am on the bed doing my required exercises with zero pain or discomfort. Unbelievable!

Ayden was my inspiration through this. Whenever I would get discouraged with things I always thought of him and your family. I look forward to meeting both you and him and treating you guys to lunch at Ayden's favorite place to eat.

Thanks for being an inspiration to me.

Jeff

Glad to hear all is well. He inspires me everyday to be a better person. Looking forward to that day for sure. Thank you for the kind words. I am in need of 2 new knees but insurance sucks and now they stopped covering the injections that reallyhelp.  I am moving like an 80 year old right now. Glad that you are getting some relief. .

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Glad to hear all is well. He inspires me everyday to be a better person. Looking forward to that day for sure. Thank you for the kind words. I am in need of 2 new knees but insurance sucks and now they stopped covering the injections that reallyhelp.  I am moving like an 80 year old right now. Glad that you are getting some relief. .

Glad to hear Jeff is doing well after his surgery, and sorry that Billingsley99 is in a lot of pain.

FWIW, I would strongly advise against getting both knees done at the same time. (not sure if you're considering it) Many people do, but it took me a year to recover from just one knee replacement surgery. Did my PT, and still had a ton of pain, and limited motion for the better part of the year. Still have many painful nights, although not every night. Had my hip replaced 8 months earlier and that was a piece of cake. Was ready to play golf again in 4 weeks, but the knee kept me sidelined. Now I can't play at all (not that I was that good in the first place).

Have you tried replacing your insurance coverage with a different carrier? Might be worth a try if the injections helped so much. Just my 2¢.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DWB said:

Glad to hear Jeff is doing well after his surgery, and sorry that Billingsley99 is in a lot of pain.

FWIW, I would strongly advise against getting both knees done at the same time. (not sure if you're considering it) Many people do, but it took me a year to recover from just one knee replacement surgery. Did my PT, and still had a ton of pain, and limited motion for the better part of the year. Still have many painful nights, although not every night. Had my hip replaced 8 months earlier and that was a piece of cake. Was ready to play golf again in 4 weeks, but the knee kept me sidelined. Now I can't play at all (not that I was that good in the first place).

Have you tried replacing your insurance coverage with a different carrier? Might be worth a try if the injections helped so much. Just my 2¢.

Thanks for the advice. I will do 1 at a time. Unfortunately my employer does not carry us on a policy so I pay out the nose for terrible coverage with a huge deductible.  Not many good options available 

• 1 year later...

Don't listen to a lot of music....but I watched him on Meateater one of my favorite hunting/outdoors shows (really love Steve Rinella's work and identify with how he views the outdoors and hunting)...think the song was This One's For You....he just sang it accoustic sitting around the camp fire eating some pronghorn....definitely a better singer than hunter but man loved that song and his voice. Good call btown....I'd probably listen to more of his stuff if I come across it on the radio.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Don't listen to a lot of music....but I watched him on Meateater one of my favorite hunting/outdoors shows (really love Steve Rinella's work and identify with how he views the outdoors and hunting)...think the song was This One's For You....he just sang it accoustic sitting around the camp fire eating some pronghorn....definitely a better singer than hunter but man loved that song and his voice. Good call btown....I'd probably listen to more of his stuff if I come across it on the radio.

Wife and I saw him 2 years ago and it was one of the best shows we have gone to. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wife and I saw him 2 years ago and it was one of the best shows we have gone to. 

My wife like's his songs. I just don't listen to a lot of music anymore....but I definitely think I'll add him to my playlist because his music/lyrics are very relatable. I appreciated what he was saying. I'll keep an eye out if he ever is down our way.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:08 PM, milehiiu said:

One of the many things I love about Hoosier Sports Nation.  Is the many things I have learned over the years... on a wide amount of topics.

Gotta admit. Until this thread. I had no idea who Luke Combs was. 

Thanks for introducing me to him, btown.

Luke Combs - Without You (Unreleased Original) 

Just to get Mile back up front in this thread. 

• Like 2