Chris Beaty

26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I posted a link in the Racial Relations thread  in "The Animal House" about his death this weekend.

Here is a statement from Coach Allen :

Chris Beaty, former Indiana Hoosiers football player, shot and killed during protests | Sports | gwinnettdailypost.com

I'll just say this. Met Chris multiple times with work and personal. He's genuinely one of the nicest guys you can meet. Genuine, driven, and always positive. Indy got weaker today when you lose citizens like this. I've traded texts and calls with dozens of people today. All just shocked at this passing. Still a little unclear on details but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he saw people getting into a fight, he tried to diffuse the situation....and ended up losing his life.

Phenomenal person and spirit. Just a tough day for all those that knew him. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this. Met Chris multiple times with work and personal. He's genuinely one of the nicest guys you can meet. Genuine, driven, and always positive. Indy got weaker today when you lose citizens like this. I've traded texts and calls with dozens of people today. All just shocked at this passing. Still a little unclear on details but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he saw people getting into a fight, he tried to diffuse the situation....and ended up losing his life.

Phenomenal person and spirit. Just a tough day for all those that knew him. 

I've said it before on Hoosier Sports Nation. Interesting, no matter where we live... how connected we are as IU fans.  So sad that you lost someone you had multiple interactions with. 

Very nice tribute you have given to Chris.  Thanks for that.  You and Eric Gordon as well.  And it is a shame that a good guy should lose his life this way.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I've said it before on Hoosier Sports Nation. Interesting, no matter where we live... how connected we are as IU fans.  So sad that you lost someone you had multiple interactions with. 

Very nice tribute you have given to Chris.  Thanks for that.  You and Eric Gordon as well.  And it is a shame that a good guy should lose his life this way.

I'm learning today how many people actually knew him. Not just work or personal or philanthropy....and it's very, very rare in these days when everyone comes back with 100% glowing things to say about someone. Just a shame. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm learning today how many people actually knew him. Not just work or personal or philanthropy....and it's very, very rare in these days when everyone comes back with 100% glowing things to say about someone. Just a shame. 

Oh yeah. Coach Allen's comments were heart felt.   And then to have Eric Gordon tweet about him. Even though they both played different sports at IU said it all about what a great person Chis was.

45 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Does anyone know, or have information related to who's responsible for his death? I've searched online, but haven't found anything.

2 kids. BM. Ages 18-25. From what I gather from friends there are cameras in the area. Only a matter of time before someone comes forward. 

Archived