Barn Ball!

Our barn was full of livestock. No place for BBall. But I put up a telephone poll out in the yard and played on grass. Definitely did NOT improve my ball handling, especially when the ball didn't bounce worth a hoot.

Never really played in a barn, but a friend of mines step dad leased a storefront (he made machine parts in the back half) that had been a hardware store just off the square in Martinsville and let us put up a goal there. Ceiling was low so we put it at 8 1/2 feet so we could dunk...

I will say though that over my teen/young adult years playing at the Martinsville park, Franklin Boys Club, the Hyper building, and USAF base teams, I played against some damn good players...

My dad put up a hoop in our barn. I spent A LOT of hours out there growing up. Had the free throw line and 3 point line measured out and marked by pieces of duct tape on the floor. Shooting from 3 point range was kind of sketchy though because there was a beam in the ceiling to where you could not put too much arc on your shot or it would hit the beam. 

On 6/3/2020 at 10:58 AM, 5fouls said:

I got cut from the local barn ball team.  

What is it with you and relationships 5 ?? First we hear about your harem of wives (although I guess they were 1 at a time?), and now we hear you cut from the barn ball team...and the team was probably only you !!  What gives? You're actually pretty nice here on the board. Can't imagine you're an a__hole ALL the time.

:rollinglaugh:

3 minutes ago, DWB said:

What is it with you and relationships 5 ?? First we hear about your harem of wives (although I guess they were 1 at a time?)

Well, there was that one time where a paperwork snafu resulted in me being married to 2 wives at the same time for 17 minutes.  

Archived