What do you do for a living?

On 6/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Was an IU fan growing up until I got to middle/high school. Started watching Purdue football in the early 2000’s and my allegiance changed. Never looked back!

Well....with all due respect, you've been taking some very hard "glances". Anyway, glad to have you here.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got some good news that I got my first unemployment check for this last week.  My question does anyone know if I should get back pay for the other 3 weeks I put in claims for.

Eventually you should. They will ask (depending on timeline) do you want retroactive vouchers filed,etc...for those weeks. I'm not in the program but I spent a couple hours last Sunday with a friend who just didn't want to bother with the whole "deal" as he called it. Self employed, real estate sales and he saw his income go to zero overnight. Filed everything for him dating back to March 9th. Just got a text that he had $4,800+ deposited on his Key Debit Card thing. He's in shock right now.....and feels like he's done something wrong now. 

The way I look at it. It's payback time for everyone who worked, paid their taxes,etc....for years without asking for a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Eventually you should. They will ask (depending on timeline) do you want retroactive vouchers filed,etc...for those weeks. I'm not in the program but I spent a couple hours last Sunday with a friend who just didn't want to bother with the whole "deal" as he called it. Self employed, real estate sales and he saw his income go to zero overnight. Filed everything for him dating back to March 9th. Just got a text that he had $4,800+ deposited on his Key Debit Card thing. He's in shock right now.....and feels like he's done something wrong now. 

The way I look at it. It's payback time for everyone who worked, paid their taxes,etc....for years without asking for a thing. 

I might not get it because I did receive a check for my vacation time left which was around $1000.00.   I make $304.00 from the state and got the $600.00 federal a week but the federal is probably going to end by the end of July.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I might not get it because I did receive a check for my vacation time left which was around $1000.00.   I make $304.00 from the state and got the $600.00 federal a week but the federal is probably going to end by the end of July.

Every dollar helps. Glad you were able to get!

• 4 weeks later...

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Have already said a prayer that all goes well for you on your interview.  Your are a treasured member of Hoosier Sports Nation.

52 minutes ago, BGleas said:

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Good luck. I hope it works out well for you!

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

www.bmgdigitalco.com

I know enough to trust things will work out. Bumps along the way will happen. But good, smart people win in the end. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Good luck on your callback interview Gleas, good things happen to good people, eventually --

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

www.bmgdigitalco.com

You got this! Good luck!

just wanted to share my situation. Going to be lots of prayer and thought over the next couple of weeks.  My boss came to me and basically said that I make too much money. I get a good salary as well as some commission and each year our sales have increased drastically. Even after being shut down for 10 weeks due to Covid and I agreed to take 50% of my weekly salary and not file unemployment and to suspend all of my commissions to help the business stay afloat he came to me with this. I asked when commissions would pick back up, if my commissions were in tact for June I should have made $12,000. (For us life changing)  What I was told was that he wanted me to take a 25% pay cut and would no longer pay commissions. As a salesman, a former coach etc... numbers and competitiveness drive me. I have always believed that the harder I work the better i can make my situation for my team or in sales for my business and my family. He has now put me in a box with a ceiling and I don't like that. I am not wired that way. As of this past Monday I have lots of praying and soul searching to do and also asking for God to help me with my tongue so I don't tell him to shove it in a very uncomfortable location.

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Best of luck my friend. Just based on our our few conversations and what you post  I have no doubt you will have this thing being more productive than you ever imagined. Prayers for success. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

just wanted to share my situation. Going to be lots of prayer and thought over the next couple of weeks.  My boss came to me and basically said that I make too much money. I get a good salary as well as some commission and each year our sales have increased drastically. Even after being shut down for 10 weeks due to Covid and I agreed to take 50% of my weekly salary and not file unemployment and to suspend all of my commissions to help the business stay afloat he came to me with this. I asked when commissions would pick back up, if my commissions were in tact for June I should have made $12,000. (For us life changing)  What I was told was that he wanted me to take a 25% pay cut and would no longer pay commissions. As a salesman, a former coach etc... numbers and competitiveness drive me. I have always believed that the harder I work the better i can make my situation for my team or in sales for my business and my family. He has now put me in a box with a ceiling and I don't like that. I am not wired that way. As of this past Monday I have lots of praying and soul searching to do and also asking for God to help me with my tongue so I don't tell him to shove it in a very uncomfortable location.

Prayers for you...

I always believe tough situations will eventually work out well for good people...

I really hope that holds true for you and @BGleas

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Very sorry to hear that.  Prayers for you to make the best decisions for your family.  Very sorry this happened, but you are a good man and good things come to good people.  

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Crappy deal. Only advice I can give you... based on personal experiences.  Keep your mouth shut at work.  Look elsewhere. And don't quit, until you have found another job.

Archived