What do you do for a living?

51 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Close...we do know some of the same people in his company and he works for a great company.  I actually got to hear John Wooden speak courtesy of Boiler's company.

I told him I wouldn't stop giving him crap for being a Toiletmaker, though.😂😂😜

You’re def okay in my book :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually starting to enjoy having this time off and actually making more money not to work.  Started to feel better and today took a good walk and then went to the pool in our complex.

Yeah, man...I think you'll be OK in the end.  Meanwhile, keep looking at the bright side.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, man...I think you'll be OK in the end.  Meanwhile, keep looking at the bright side.

What is bad is my bank account looks better now than when I was working.  I know everything happens for a reason and this hard time will bring something better.

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What is bad is my bank account looks better now than when I was working.  I know everything happens for a reason and this hard time will bring something better.

You aren't alone there. Plenty of folks out there hoarding cash during these times. People have been staying in, spending less. Very few times in life are we ever given the opportunity for a true mental break from life. Clear the head, exercise, get tan.....and pick things back up again in down the road. Can't tell you the number of self employed buddies I have across the country who are basically just saying see you in August or September....all on timeout. 

Figured I’d close the loop, as I’m grateful for all of the kind works and support from everyone at HSN. It’s been a whirlwind 10+ days or so, as I ultimately received offers for two great opportunities and had to make a tough decision. But to let everyone know, I accepted a new job this morning running direct response/eCommerce marketing for a publisher of DIY books and magazines (woodworking, gardening, sports/outdoor, metal working, cookbooks, pets, etc.) . I’m pretty excited about the opportunity to help them grow. 

Also, I’m close to landing my first consulting client as well, so it will be fun to work on building that as a side gig. 

Thanks again for all of the support!! 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d close the loop, as I’m grateful for all of the kind works and support from everyone at HSN. It’s been a whirlwind 10+ days or so, as I ultimately received offers for two great opportunities and had to make a tough decision. But to let everyone know, I accepted a new job this morning running direct response/eCommerce marketing for a publisher of DIY books and magazines (woodworking, gardening, sports/outdoor, metal working, cookbooks, pets, etc.) . I’m pretty excited about the opportunity to help them grow. 

Also, I’m close to landing my first consulting client as well, so it will be fun to work on building that as a side gig. 

I was off the board as you went through this process but congratulations, man!

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was off the board as you went through this process but congratulations, man!

Thanks, Steuben! Yeah, I ran a startup company with a founder for about 6 years but with Covid we got hit hard and he couldn’t pay me anymore, so was out of a job at the end of May. It’s been a crazy process, but excited for this next opportunity. 

32 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Congratulations. God bless in the new endeavor. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

My heart is jumping for joy for you.  YOU are a good guy.  And I pray that things work out for you from now on.  Hate this pandemic. And how it has effected so many great people such as you.

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

Props!!

Just now, Sark said:

The industry down turn is unprecedented, but there will be a recovery and surge when viable treatments and / or a vaccine are developed. Air travel demand isn’t going away, even with a crisis such as this. And wait until cargo carrying and pax UAV’s become viable . . .

Cargo carrying hasn't slowed down that much, but the issue at hand is keeping the ATC facilities staffed. They've been creative with crew schedules, but one person testing positive in a facility is dictating deep cleanings and tests for everybody they came in contact with.

I've been lucky in that me and my team can work remotely and still accomplish our jobs.

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

Congrats!!!

21 hours ago, BGleas said:

Boom goes the dynamite! 💣

Archived