Is IU ready for Louisville ?

This would be a huge win, even if Louisville is a little down. A road, power5 non-conference win looks really good on the tournament resume if IU ends up being in the hunt. Plus, while there's a long way to go, to make the tournament you really can't have more than 12-13 losses and we already have 4, so picking up a maybe unexpected win to make up for the ISU loss would be a good thing. 

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This would be a huge win, even if Louisville is a little down. A road, power5 non-conference win looks really good on the tournament resume if IU ends up being in the hunt. Plus, while there's a long way to go, to make the tournament you really can't have more than 12-13 losses and we already have 4, so picking up a maybe unexpected win to make up for the ISU loss would be a good thing. 

Agreed. We have had an unexpected loss, now it's time for the unexpected win to balance it out. Feeling like the timing might be right as this team is starting to come together a little bit and Collin is back in the mix.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Agreed. We have had an unexpected loss, now it's time for the unexpected win to balance it out. Feeling like the timing might be right as this team is starting to come together a little bit and Collin is back in the mix.

We really came within minutes.... in the second half of the Duke game, when we drew within five points of the Blue Devils.  Granted we won't have the advantage of an AH crowd. But should have some IU fans in the stands.  And considering how we closed on the number one team in the nation, and should have learned from that.... no reason not to expect another stellar performance from our Hoosiers against a lesser team than Duke. 

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

We really came within minutes.... in the second half of the Duke game, when we drew within five points of the Blue Devils.  Granted we won't have the advantage of an AH crowd. But should have some IU fans in the stands.  And considering how we closed on the number one team in the nation, and should have learned from that.... no reason not to expect another stellar performance from our Hoosiers against a lesser team than Duke. 

We led Duke by one with under six minutes to go in the second half. Duke was tired, the game was at the Hall, but it showed that IU has the potential to play some good ball.

And Duke has more talent than just about any college team I've seen in a long while.

No game is ever going to be safe for IU this year.  Offense is too streaky and defense is often a leaky sieve.  A 15 point lead can vanish -- just as it did last night.  

When shots start falling (I sure hope this was Collin getting into form and Green getting hot) and the defense isn't bad, we jump out to big leads.  This team is as simple as pie to diagnose.  Pure momentum players.

4 days to prepare and I think we will treat it as a bigger game than UL will.  However, my prediction is that we get hosed by the officials, De'Ron will be in foul trouble in the first 4 minutes, UL will shoot well above their 33% avg from deep (not due to poor defense) and we will lose by 12. I hope I'm dead wrong.

51 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

For the sake of all of us who live and work close to Louisville, I sure hope the answer is yes.

This will be out longest period of rest/prep since the season began so I hope that helps.

Your last point actually makes me feel better about this game as well.  Archie had 5 days to get the team ready for the Duke game, and we came out and executed a pretty good game plan.  Now we have another 5 days to get ready for the UL game.  Obviously won’t have the Assembly Hall advantage this time, but we could have the game plan/coaching advantage.

Archie will have a decent game plan.  If we can play Archie Ball for 40 minutes we can compete with anyone as witnessed against Duke.  Having said that, this team has yet to play such a complete game without a significant 5-10min lapse.  I'm always hopeful but this team is like a box of chocolates--never know what we're going to get.

Archived