Is IU ready for Louisville ?

Until we prove we can win games we're not supposed too, no one is ever going to ask if they are ready for us.  Beat L'ville and ND and then i think that is a valid question.  Otherwise i think we start slow, have TO issues and lose going away.  This team just is very inconsistent this year and a big game on the road is going to be tough.

8 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Until we prove we can win games we're not supposed too, no one is ever going to ask if they are ready for us.  Beat L'ville and ND and then i think that is a valid question.  Otherwise i think we start slow, have TO issues and lose going away.  This team just is very inconsistent this year and a big game on the road is going to be tough.

Respectfully disagree. Regardless of past performances, the mindset should be, every game, that we are in the dominant position. RMK illustrated that concept perfectly with his mental to physical ratio comment. 

For too long the program has had a defeatist attitude or at least a cloud hanging over it. If IU basketball ever wants to get back to an elite status, it has to start believing it can first. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Respectfully disagree. Regardless of past performances, the mindset should be, every game, that we are in the dominant position. RMK illustrated that concept perfectly with his mental to physical ratio comment. 

For too long the program has had a defeatist attitude or at least a cloud hanging over it. If IU basketball ever wants to get back to an elite status, it has to start believing it can first. 

I don't disagree with having the mindset but i just don't see us as that talented a team.  But we are getting there and i have faith in this coach.

10 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Why would we have turnover issues?  The rate of improvement we've had in taking care of the ball has been incredible. 

Regardless of a win or loss, I really hope this is a game that we can have a good free throw shooting performance and establish the habit. I think (especially with the time off) we are able to put together a nice game plan and do at least a decent job of sticking to it, but a good FT% game is something we need to correct immediately before this rough stretch is over. De'Ron leaving 6+ points on the table from botched free throws will keep us out of the harder, highly competitive games.

48 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom gives us a 16% chance to win, and likes Louisville by 11, 80-69.

Hard to argue with that given our two road performances this year. I do think we match up a little better to UL than we did SH or Michigan IF we continue not turning the ball over.  UL is not a good shooting team, so if we make them work for 2s in the half court it could be a competitive game. 

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Indiana holds a 10-7 series advantage in men's basketball, with Louisville winning the last matchup 94-74 on Dec. 9, 2014, in the Jimmy V Men’s Basketball Classic. That was the first time the teams had met since 2003.

IU won 77-62 back in the 01-02 season. That was the third most recent matchup.

Thank you!

Archived