On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

Besides Mile's big moment, that lasts a lifetime!

June 19th, In the news and if you are ignorant like me this is Juneteenth! "it commemorates Union army general Gordon Granger announcing federal orders in Galveston, Texas, on June 19, 1865, proclaiming that all slaves in Texas were free! I'm sure there will be a parade tomorrow in town here in rural Georgia, and now that I know the meaning I may go stand on the side and cheer! Even though I hate parades!

Edited by Drroogh

On this day in History 2013 we received word that Ayden was going to be in the official music video of Christian music star Matthew West. We had sent in Aydens story with a picture of him after we received word that for the first time in his life his liver enzymes were normal and that he was healed from the disease that we were told would take his life.  His pic is located at 2:38 seconds. Thank you all of the many prayers and for allowing me a platform to talk about more than just basketball. Have a blessed day. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

June 25, 1950. The Korean war begins when North Korea invaded South Korea. 

My dad turned 18 on November 30th, 1945 and already had been drafted into the Army. He separated 4 years later in November 1949...

His great line was, "Son, the only battle I saw was Battle Creek Michigan."

• Like 3